cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Post material in stock with "zero" value

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Is there any way by which we can post the material in stocks with 0 value.

We have some material which were brought into the company with Purchas order with acct asst as K - Cost center.

This material is lying in the store sphysically and the auditor has given remark that these goods are to be shown into stock.

As this material is already consumend to cost center we want the stock to be brought into the system with " zero" value.

I know about 511 mov but there we need to enter Vendor.

How to resolve this ?

Rajesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all for the help.

I am going ahead with physical inventory process and 511 mov process.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I guess that there was a Huge mistake done by the stores Person of recieving the material in the stores.

Generally when the Material is coming with the Account Assignment "K" then stores is not the owner of the material.

they get it unloaded directly into the Respective Department.

anyways what has happened has happened.

now you have to reverse the GR document and the delet the PO.

i guess there might be some inconsistency in the Cost Center and the GL account report, discuss the same with the FICO team also. Then raise another PO without Account Assignmentand with same material and Quant, and again do the GR.

Hope it helps you.

Regards

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Will elaborate more on the actual business scenario.

The Material was bought to for the cost center and was consumed for the intended purpose.

There were some Left Overs.

As these are some high valu items and can be used for some other purpose the engineers kept this in stores.

The Auditor by looking at these materials, has instructed to take this material into stock.

Now we want to take this into stock without value, as we know that these are already consumed to cost center and has reflected in

P &L.

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If for the same material is the Acciunting view is maintaine, then in any condition the price will go up,

if Via Production order or via Maintenance Order you use the Mvt Type 262(Material with the Negative Quantity), still the value will be there.

another option that you can go for is create another Material Code as a Non Valuated material and then post give in the initial entry,

but in that condition also what ever you do the cost has already being debited to the cost Center.

Regards,

yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Mr. Khan for the help.

What I understood is, there is no way we can post additional stock with 0 value, to a Valuated material maintaind with V.

I am checking for the physical inventory process.Will it increase the stock value..?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mr Rajesh.

It will.

if the stock is Zero, you can change the price to 0.1Rs.

and then do GR. but still the cost of all that material is already gone to the cost Center at the time of GR via Department.

Regards,

Yawar Khan

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

if the stock is Zero, you can change the price to 0.1Rs.and then do GR.

Can you explain this.....

If the stock is zero, I can anyways do physical inventory and it will not create a accounting document.The stock will be increased.

Rajesh

tejyadav
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, why don't you use 561 for your requirement, through this you can enter material with 0 values. only quantity will update & not the value.

ashish_andani
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi...

U cant increase the zero stock straight away...

U have to maintain something in material price...even if its 0.01 it will be valuated...

u can upload the material with 561 mvt type..on particular date..

but generally it is used for initial upload..

try this out

Thanks

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you had bought that material. fine, then you should know a vendor, or?

So why is it a problem to enter this vendor number in 511 then?

it does not post to vendor accoutn, it is just an info that is stored in material document

if your auditor asked you to bring that left over material into stock because of high value, then I really wonder why you want add it at zero value to stock.

Don't you want to credit the cost center who originally got all costs?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen for the 511 suggestion....Yes I can enter a vendor from whom the material was originally supplied.

Regarding..taking the material in stock with "Zero" value...this is because these are transactions from the previous year.

As we have already shown these expenses in P & L last year...will it be ok to remove it from last year and rebook the same in this year...?

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

I guess that this question should be better asked by the Business itself, if they are comfortable with it and you FICO team is not having any other issues then you can proceed.

Regards,

Yawar Khan