cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to manual enter Check no at Payment Wizard?

too_muihwee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Just want to check whether anyone of you know how to enable manual entry of check no during Payment Wizard process? I saw check no field but it was not enable. I am having SAP B1 8.81 PL10. Cheque no will be auto generated only after print 'Cheque for Payment'.

Is there anyway that we can enter manually at Wizard and do not need to set auto check no? Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

K_Pauquet
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Too Mui Hwee,

the payment wizard does not allow you to input manual cheque numbers during the execution of a payment run. The wizard is designed to rapidly create the batch generation of payment documents & allows you in conjunction with the payment engine to create a bankfile to initiate bank transfers to/from business partners.

Cheque payments are different from bank transfers in that you need to physically print a document that is the payment means of a payment. Hence the application requires you to verify the actual cheque number assigned is the correct one.

All the best,

Kerstin

former_member218051
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Too Mul

In Administration --> Setup --> Banking --> Banks

you can mention next cheque number.

thanking you

Malhaar

too_muihwee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Pradnyha,

I have already done so. But at Payment Wizard it will not reflect cheque no, it will only reflect cheque no confirmation window when we perform printing at 'Cheque for Payment' screen. My question is whether i can manually input check no at Payment Wizard before entering into 'Cheque for Payment' screen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this if it solve your purpose :

Banking  Outgoing Payments  Outgoing Payments  . On the toolbar, choose (Payment Means). In the Payment Means window, choose the Check tab.

Tick the Check box Manual Check.

Regards

too_muihwee
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestion, but this only apply if i perform manual outgoing payment. I need to input check no at PAYMENT WIZARD not at manual outgoing payment.