cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

positive time management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What can be the difficulties of implementing the automatic upload of time events by back ground processing along with BDC time event data load for another few employees in the same client for same PSA?

Regards,

RK.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vianshu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

One important thing you will have to take care of is that you don't do the both the things for the same employee.

Automatic upload of time events by background processing is the ideal method.

However, you can also do BDC time event upload without any issues if you have clearly defined the set of employees.

You can achieve this by using a different subsystem grouping in IT0050 for the employees. Let us say one set with grouping 001 (automatic upload) and another set with grouping 002 (BDC program one).

In your BDC program, you should mention that the time events should get uploaded in IT2011 only for grouping with 002.

Also, another important thing to note is that in case of BDC program, you should do an upload after the shift has ended. This will ensure that when the time evaluation runs, it doesn't give error message - Employee not at work - for these employees.

Please go through the below link of integration of time recording system with SAP.

http://scn.sap.com/docs/DOC-53220

You can also refer to other time management documents in the link below:

I hope this helps.

Thanks and regards,

Vivek Barnwal

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Aditya
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rishi,

I agree with Vivek.  U can upload ur TM data using BDC background session.

Also I hope, u can use FM HR_INFOTYPE_OPERATION for the same purpose.

Regards,

Aditya