cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Pay file extract for F-58

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can someone tell me how to extract the positive pay file for the checks that are not printed using F110. I mean the checks that are printed using the T.code F-58?

Regards

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try using t code FCHN , that contains all check data created in the system.

Let me know if this helps or is it something else you are expecting.

Thanks.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have worked on positive pay file for my company so I should be able to assist you. However, your questions are never clear as to what exactly you want to achieve. First of all, have you had your ABAPer created a Z-program using RFCHKE00 based on your company's bank flat file requirements? If your answer is yes, then proceed as follows:

In the automatic payment transaction - F110, after entering your run date, identification and parameter, click on the additional log tab and check *Pmnt method if not successful" and Line items of the payment documents.

Next, click on the Printout/data medium tab. Here make the following entries/settings.

Under "Form printing/data medium exchange" select the variant you've created for your normal check runs.

Next under Lists enter the Z-Program your Abaper created under program name. E.g. ZRFCHKE00

Then next to the program name, enter a variant name under variant and click on "Maintain Variants".

Once you click on maintain variants, you would be taken to another screen where you would have to maintain the following entries:

• Paying Company Code

• House Bank

• Currency

Check "Checks not extracted" under the General Selections

Under Further Selections

Enter the "Account ID"

Next Under Output Control, specify the file name.

*Check "creation with database update

*Check " create payment summary

Next, click on variant attributes and give your variant a description.

Under Objects for selection screen make the following entries against " Date of issue and creation date

In the 7th column that is "selection variant" use the drop-down menu to select D then in the 9th column, that's " Name of variable Input" hit F4 on you keyboard to select current date

Repeat the same process for creation date and save your settings.

This completes your settings to run your positive pay file. You can also use transaction code: se38 or sa38 to access the program you have just created. I'm sure your company uses EDI for the positive pay file transmission to the bank.

Please assign points if you find this information helpful.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I guess I was not clear. I understand that using FCHX we can create a positive pay file that lists all the checks that were issued on that payment run. My question is if we issue checks using manual payment like F-58, then how do we get that information onto positive pay file?

Let me know if I am not clear.

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a two step process.

F110 creates the checks and updates table PAYR.

The transaction FCHX reads the PAYR table and extracts the checks based on the parameters given (can be saved as a variant) and updates the check extract date and extract time.

The check issue file is written to a directory location you specify. You don't want to just send the current check listing

from the payment run as you may have items that have been voided or cancelled.

The system resets the extract date for these items and codes them as voided and they will advise the bank that these items should not be paid.

Hope its clear..

Cheers

Raghu

Former Member
0 Kudos

We can use the FCHX to extract the positive pay file for payment runs. But for the checks issued using the transaction F-58, how do we extract the positive pay file? Also what is the diff between FCHX and FCHN?

Regards

Sriram