cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Positive Adjustment in Depreciation accounting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,,

We have a scenarion in which we have already run the dep for whole fiscal year , now as per audited final number , rs 280 /-  Postive diff needs to be adjusted in one of the asset. How i can post that postive dep valused in assets ?

Best Rgds,

Sudhanshu Dang

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use ABSO and post the adjustment by using the relevant transaction type.

Can you please have a look at the transaction types which suits your requirement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is fine. but I want to take the effect to same dep gL Whereas this t codes ask for Revenue gl.

I have checked with same gl assignment in A090 and it is correctly simulating but i was doubtful that this is correct way of doing it or not.

Best Rgds,

Sudhanshu Dang

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can post manual depreciation or unplanned depreciation with T-Code ABMA or ABAA respectively and post a transaction with negative amount of depreciation.

By this such adjustment will be done.

Regards,

Malhar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

but in abaa t code negative values are not allowed for depreication.

msshihab1987
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Friend

Please change the Rule for posting Unplanned depreciation for depreciation are using OABU, Check which rule activated and changed in to  Only negative and zero values allowd, then try to post unplanned depreciation

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is already defined as nly negative and zero values allowed. I also tried it by changing to ALL Values allowed but it is till not happening further it is giving error that.

"

Transaction in area 01 contradicts the net book value rule

Message no. AA660

Diagnosis

The document cannot be posted, as it is contrary to the net book value rule which is checked in area 01.

Procedure

This error usually occurs when you enter proportional values. The proportional values exceed the amount posted, for example, post capitalization of 100 but proportional depreciation to the amount 110. Check your entries and correct them if necessary."

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please change to " all values allowed" for all the depreciation areas via IMG path Financial Accounting > Asset Accounting > Asset Accounting

(Lean Imp) > Org Structures > Depreciation Areas > Define How

Depreciation Areas Post to the General Ledger or Specify Allowed

Depreciation Types for Depreciation Areas (oabn).

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can configure to do a write up ABZU transaction type 700. You can configure the depreciation GL and accumulated depreciation GL for this transaction.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i am trying to post this in previous fiscal yeat i.e 31.03.2012 but system is not allowing to post:

You cannot post write-ups

Message no. AA402

Diagnosis

None of the areas to be posted in accordance with the transaction type entered manages one of the depreciation types entered or cumulative values.

Procedure

Check the transaction type.