cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Position Assignment in OM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Every time and every where I am facing the problem with position assignement. I am not understanding where I am doing mistake. Please help me on this.

The problem is:

I will create a position with back dates and assiging the position with back dates, then in org assignment I am viewing two assignements one is from hiring date and other one from current date.

ex: I have created one position from 01-02-2007 and made that position as vacant from the same day. I have recruited one employee for that position from 01-03-2007. when I am checking the org assigment I have to records like

1st record from 01-03-2007 to 24-03-2007

and 2nd record from 25-03-2007 to 31-12-9999. position showing same.

every time I am facing the same problem.

Why it is delimiting the position and creating new record.

Please explain me if you you.

Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai..

This is due to the time constraint. Time constraint 1 will have a valid record at a time and without gaps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Hope it was clear so you can close the ticket.

Thanks

Swati

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest checking the configuration (infogroup) of the hire action. Do you have infotype 0001 twice as part of the hire action? Infotypes can be maintained via an infogroup of the action or also via dynamic actions. Maybe IT0001 gets maintained first via the infogroup and then via a dynamic action during the same hire action.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In Org Assignment.(Create Organizational Assignement)

In PB10. If i m entering details regarding the existing App. No.

(Applicant number) . After Entering the Number, When i m saving the record .It will give me a ERROR.

Position 00000000 not Allowed. Why this silly problem arises...

Where i can check ?? in org. assignment ???

Rishi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

This is more due to the effect of Time Constraints concept.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Time Constraints in HR Master Data

When you update an infotype, old data is not lost but archived for historical evaluation. The system records a specific period of validity for each infotype, This enables the system to store more than one infotype record at the same time, even if their validity periods overlap. This means that the time relationships between infotype records must be defined. The concept of time constraints enables you to do this.

HR master data uses the following three time constraints:

Time Constraint 1

For the entire time that the employee works at the enterprise, exactly one valid infotype record must exist. The validity periods of the individual records must not overlap. If a new record is created, the system automatically uses the start date of the new record as the delimitation date of the old record. Gaps are only allowed between the employee’s entry date and the start date of the first record.

Time constraint 1 must be used for all of the infotypes containing information that must be available at all times. This is particularly true of personal and organizational assignment data.

If a record is delimited because of time constraint 1, the system displays an appropriate message.

Time Constraint 2

No more than one valid record can exist at any one time. Records with constraint 2 must not overlap. Their existence is not obligatory. If a new record is created, the system automatically delimits the previous record, if one exists.

If a record is delimited because of time constraint 2, the system displays an appropriate message.

Time Constraint 3

Any number of valid records can exist at any one time. The individual records do not conflict with each other.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks