Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Population of field SMBLN in any Material Document

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Could you please guide me about the following query:

Cancelling any Material Document, field SMBLN in the MSEG table gets populated with a document no.

But this field is also getting populated for the normal material documents, kindly guide me about the reason and rectification.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Aug 29, 2011 1:31 PM

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Aug 30, 2011 8:04 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Field SMBLN is field for Number of Material Document.

For normal material document(101) as well as for for 102 movement type this field does not get populated.

Regards,

Divya

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your reply please.

But i could not understand your reply please.

Field SMBLN is getting populated with a material document document when any material document is getting cancelled with the transaction code MBST.

Please guide why field for SMBLN is getting populated in some material document which are normal material documents and it are not cancelled.

Suppose if the Material Document was for MT 105 then also it contains (in some cases) the SMBLN as non initial.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Edited by: MP Vashishth on Aug 30, 2011 9:10 AM

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The SMBLN in MSEG table gets poulated if the material document is cancelled for below posted movement types.

101-Goods receipt for purchase order into warehouse/stores

131-Goods receipt for run schedule header

261-Consumption for order from warehouse.

After cancellation for the above created material document through MBST the material document will be populated in the field SMBLN in MSEG table for movement types.

102, 132 and 262 reversals.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

But my query is why any normal Material Document (with Movement Type 261, 105 etc. & these are not cancellation documents) is having SMBLN field populated.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

The Movement type you are refering is intail, i.e 1st transation, so there is no need of SMBLN.

SMBLN is Material document with reference to MBLNR.

Hope you understand now.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with what you have written, but my question is why we are getting SMBLN populated for non cancelled and non cancellation documents.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

SMBLN is populated only in case of Cancelled documents.

In case you cancel 102 document, reversal document will have SMBLN of "102 Document" is created with mvt 101.

However intially created document with mvt 101 does not have SMBLN.

Regards,

Sanjay Kohli

Former Member
0 Kudos

It will come for reversal movement types and cancellation is also reversal of original Movement type.

I can see in Data base the behavior is for reversal movement type, please check both the document you will find the MOvement type is +1 wrt to MBLNR document

Choose the field BWART, you will be more clear.you will find always for a reversal movement type you can find the SMBLN.

I reviewed almost 20 movement type, sap behavior is as mentioned above.

Just check movement type 102, 642, 202 , 602 etc. you will understand better.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I know this behaviour of Movement Types. But in some cases in my database i am getting Material Docs with normal movement types with SMBLN populated.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

With what movement types those documents are posted did you check in MB03 or MB51?

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Documents are getting posted through MIGO_GR & MB1A.

I am checking these documents through MB03 and MSEG table.

Please guide.

Thanks and Regards

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you displayed those documents in MB03?what movement type did you find.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Movement Type for some cases were 261 and for some other cases 105.

Thanks and Regards

former_member329706
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check whether the material document in the field MSEG-SMBLN what appearing is cancelled through MBST in MB51 report , there if the material document will appear with mov type 261 and 262 .If the document had been cancelled ,as a refrence the s/m will updated the doc in the field SMBLN.If you cancel the same using MB1A and combination of Movement type 262 then the refr material doc will not be update in the field SMBLN.

former_member199650
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The document in question was not cancelled and it is not a reference document. It is a normal document created through MIGO and it is not a cancelled document.

How any normal document could have SMBLN populated without being a cancellation document or cancelled document?

Please suggest.

Thanks and Regards

Answers (0)