Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Populating Trading Partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a requirement as below,

1) For vendor/customer posting I have to populate the trading partner field in GL line item with trading partner of vendor/customer.

2) If it is a GL to GL posting I have to populate the trading partner from GL master.

Please help me on how to achieve this.

Thanks

SK

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

atif_farooq
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear:

In case of customers please follow and also check its account group field status in OBD3for trading partner.

In the SAP menu, select Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Accounts receivable -> Master records -> Change. Proceed as follows to maintain customer master records:

1. In the initial screen, flag the indicator "Control data" in the general data area.

2. In the detail screen for control data, enter the company ID in the field "Trading partner".

For vendors ( also check its account group field status in OBD3for trading partner)

Select Accounting -> Financial accounting -> Accounts receivable -> Master records -> Change. Proceed as follows to maintain vendor master records:

1. In the initial screen, select the indicator "Control data" in the general data area.

2. In the detail screen for control data, enter the company ID in the field "Trading partner".

For GL A/c ( also check its account group field status in OBD4 for trading partner)

Select Accounting -> Financial accounting -> General ledger -> Master records -> Change.

In the detail screen, enter the company ID in the "Trading partner" field.

Regards

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Trading partner field by default you can assign to a GL account.

In the COA data you can enter the values for trading partner field for a GL account.

FS00--Type/Description tab

Rgds

Murali. N