cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor performance on Terminal Server after upgrade to 8.81 PL10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Upgraded a major site over the Easter weekend, but performance today on terminal server client only is very poor (10 sec to open a sales order and 3 sec to click between fields on marketing doc forms).

Previous version was 2007A PL13.

Performance on fat clients appears OK, but this is causing major issues for the 20 odd users on the terminal server.

Anyone got any ideas on this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Probably, clean the TS temporary folder may increase the performance speed.

I use this link as reference:

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1829553

Indeed the link was asking about addon but you may try the same solution.

Rgds,

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jimmy,

Thanks for the link & suggestion - it is SO hard to find anything on this new SCN!

I have checked with the customer & the TS is set to delete temp files on exit, as they were having major issues with disc space. The users are not complaining about log on time (yet!) but time to open forms etc. They have 40Gb free space on the TS which is 4 dual cpu with 16Gb memory, so should be ample. memory never over half & CPU between 5 - 40 %.

Issues seems to be on marketing docs. have found a note re attachments causing the issue (version has the new tab in the marketing docs) where link between remote client & storage for attachments is slow but they have 1Gbps link, which really should be adequate. This issue is supposed to be fixed in pl11, but the DB is 80Gb & takes a full day to upgrade so very reluctant to do this for no gain if it is not the issue.

Any bright ideas most welcome before I hit the SAP Support team whch will need to be tomorrow, before the staff mutiny!

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Julie,

you are welcome. Sometimes, you need a little bit trick to find the thread in this new SCN.

As I seen that you have a concern to upgrade 80 gb databases, I have experienced to upgrade 92 gb database. It takes 2 days in X3500 IBM server with 24 gb RAM.

So, I suggest to archive the database first before upgrading to PL11.

Rgds,

JimM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Customer has changed all Terminal Server users back to Classic skin & performance issues have been resolved.

Not an ideal solution, but the only one we could come up with!

Any ideas on what might have caused this, and how we could resolve in another way? They were looking forward to using the cockpit functionality but are unable to do so while some users remain on the old skin style

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Better to submit this issue to SAP support. Probably, they can provide the solution and they do not ask you to upgrade. You must tell the best reason so that the solution (excluding upgrade) can be provided.

Indeed,  you are correct that PL11 probably can solve it. I said that because in the SAP B1 PL11 sap note overview, I see your problem seems similar with problem that recorded in sap note #1658934  - Slow performance when opening document.

Rgds,