Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO release code change in the release strategy

former_member269100
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope somebody can enligthen me with this issue of mine.

One of our previous PO releasers resigned so we have replaced him with another one in our PO release strategy setup. What we did is create a new release code (the old release code was not deleted). We then assigned this new release code as replacement to the code of the person who resigned. The result seems fine, we are able to release new PO using the new releaser code.

The problem is if we open an old PO released by the previous releaser, SAP displays that the PO was released by the new releaser. Can anyone explain if this is the standard behaviour of SAP given what we have setup? I don't think it is right to see old PO under the new releaser when they were actually released by a different person.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Aloy

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

The problem is if we open an old PO released by the previous releaser,

SAP displays that the PO was released by the new releaser.

This is the standard Behaviour of SAP. Reason behind this is, when ever you are opening previous PO which was released by the previous releaser, system will check the release startegy and release codes...

Now you have deleted your previous releaser code and entered new release Code ID, so system will check in the tables and find the current releaser ID and displays it.

I don't think it is right to see old PO under the new releaser when they were actually released by a different person

This is standard SAP behaviour.

Hope this makes your doubt more clear.

Regards

Utsav

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Release codes and strategies do not have validity date information and hence teh behaviour.

Normally, the new person is given the authorization of the existing code instead of creating a new one and changing the strategy.

depending upon complaince issues, new release strategies may also be created in such scenarios.

Hoep this helps.

Regards

Sai