cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO partial Invoicing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a Purchase Order for a material for 8 pieces.

We have done the Goods receipt. But while doing the Invoice Receipt , we enter the Invoice for only 2 pieces.

I mean the quantity is 2 pieces, and hence , when we posted the Invoice document, we had a small amount posted to the GR/IR account, and the remaining amount to the Material Purchase account..Normally the material purchase account should not occur in the Invoice document, but since we posted only invoice for 2 pieces, the amount is getting distributed between the GR/IR and the other account .

How can we rectify this ? If we want to again post the invoices for the remaining items, how can we do this....

Please clarify as to the system behaviour and how we can post the invoice for the remaining pieces..

thanks,

Srikanth.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

laxman_adi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you are changing the Inovice amount as per the quantity.(if not change it as per,then system will not post to inventory)

Mean GR done for 10 quantity with 30000/- (10*3000)value and you are preparing the Invoice with 2 quantity with the same 30000/- value then system post the diffence amount to Inventory.

Dr GR/IR 2*3000 - 6000 ( As per the GR posting)

Dr Inventory account - 24000 (Inventory will increase)

Cr Vendor - 30000

and after system will able to post remain 8 quantity with 24000/- value.

I hope this will clear your doubt.

Regards,

Laxman

Former Member
0 Kudos

the same thing happend in our client also.

We did reversal of Vendor invoice and re-posted the Vendor invoice. You can resolve this issue by this method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please let me know, then how i can post the invoice for the remaining 8 items ??

Then in that case, the vendor payable amount would increase again ?? from the normal amount to be paid to the vendor ? as we are again posting a double invoice for the same vendor for different items ( but whose value is already paid to the vendor ) .

how can we tackle this situation of posting the invoice of the remaining items ?

Please suggest..

Thanks,

Srikanth.

laxman_adi
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Post the 2 quantity value in the first invoice (2 X price per qty) then you'll be able to post the remaining quantity with remaining amount.

Regards,

Laxman

durgasankar_innamuri
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

While booking IR user is selecting PO due to that system showing the total quantity of GR done instead of that try with Delivery note.

One PO can have many Delivery note numbers so there is no question of manual corrections in MIRO screen.

Regards,

Sankar