cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO order unit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I would like to change the PO order unit from x to y. We have open POs and Contract / Agreement on the item with the old order unit.

1. What are all the precautionary measures that I need to take?

2. Inforec does not get updated when I change the material master with new order unit and unit conversion. Do I have to key in the conversion separately in info rec too?

Any help would be rewarded with points.

Thanks

UV

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

1. You can change a PO order unit if you have made changes to the order unit in Material Master or maintained "Variable Order unit field" as 1 in Matl master. For this, you only need to maintain the conversion betwen the order unit and the Base unit of Measure

2. Info record will get updated only after making changes in the POs. This is because Inforecord is aMatl vendor combination and not just material specific.

3. Precautionary measures are only be taken if you are changing the Base UoM in Material Master. There should not be existing Stocks, PRs, POs, Outline Agreements.

Hope this clarifies.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Prabhakar,

<b>Info record will get updated only after making changes in the POs</b>. This is because Inforecord is aMatl vendor combination and not just material specific

PO willn't updated until & unless u make changes in Info record.

Inforecord has got the precednce.

Check it out.

Regards

Biswajit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello UV,

You can change purchase order Unit in material master and purchase inforecord anytime and that will be applicable for new transactions, how ever you need to take care of the following things if you change the order unit, you should

- Check the quantity conversion: order unit -> purchase order price unit

- Adjust the purchase order price unit in all organization data (purchasing organization/ plant) (as necessary)

- Check the conditions of all organization data.

The all open contract and purchase order will remain same with old purchase order unit. You will not be able to change it. However, the other way is close that lineitem and create new lineitem.

Hope this will be helpful.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

Reward if answer is helpful.