cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO Line item deletion not posible after GR cancellation without ERS Settlement run.why & how to avoid?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I was getting an error message "Evaluated receipt settlement open, deletion not possible" in R3  (message no ME867) when trying to delete a line item in PO. We did a GR and than reversed it (102 movement) after that I was trying to delete a line item. At last I ran the ERS settlement & then I am able to delete the line.

My question is why do I need to run the ERS Settlement. We run custom ERS settlement program every night. So during the day if the user does a GR & immediately cancells the GR why does he need to wait for the ERS settlement run for PO Line item deletion. My question is why we need to run ERS settlement & is there any way to avioid that if i want to delete an Item.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

any receipt and cancellation creates an entry in table EKRS. This table is the basis for ERS.

So the general thought is to have no open entry in this table when you cancel the PO.

This feature came with OSS note 1130944,  to fix a situation where error message ME706 was issued if you tried to settle ERS while a PO item had a deletion flag.

OSS Note 1294454 - Note: 1130944 -
removal of EKRS check in deletion

removes this check again if you dont want it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can we delete the line without running the selltlement i.e keeping  an open entry in EKRS table? Any SAPNotes  for this?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I would never recommend to delete records manually from a table.

I already gave you the SAP note that make SAP to not checking on EKRS.

I understand this OSS note that in standard settings you will not get the error message ME867. you only get the error message if you decided to implement the OSS note 1291964

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jurgen. I understood your point. My last question is ; if i implement OSS note 1291964 , I will not get this error message but what will be other impact? Can I restrict this error message at plant level?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if there is no error message anymore in standard then you dont need to restrict this error at plant level.

With the next hotpackage you will get this note implemented automatically.

if you implement the note and you find an unwanted effect, then you can just undo this change and everything works like before.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot for your advise.Everyday I have been learning SAP from you.

Currently, we are getting this error message if we try to delete a line & it has an open item in EKRS table. I was planning to remove this check or atleast restrict this for some plants/ PO Doc  trypes.

WIll implementing OSS note 1291964 help me & what will be the impact , I was trying to know from you. I am sorry if I misunderstood you.

colin_cheong
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to download the note 1291964 but it was not released.

How can I veiw the information on the note?

Thanks