cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO add Predefined Text in Text Row for PLD design

Former Member
0 Kudos

If I use Text Row to add one Predefined Text to PO. Which area I should add this one unique Term Code in PO? In Page Footer or Page Header? User will add some text in the Opening or Closing Remark area but not know which one they will use. I have add Remark, Opening, Closing Remarks and Text Row in PO but need suppress it if there is empty data in either remark area?

I added all predefined text already but not sure where they will add for this (Remark or Opening or Closing or Text Row). Most of time will put in Text Row for Predefined Text.

I tried to add Text Row in Repetitive Area with Items but how to suppress the Text Row if there is blank data or used?

OK. I put it on Page Footer and worked.

Edited by: Lily Chien on Sep 4, 2009 6:53 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Edited and worked.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

Fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

More problems.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lily,

Do this, it will be work exactly.

->> Try to Create the PO PLD.

Steps :

1st Row in PO ->> (Line no., Item Code, Item Description, Quantity, Unit Price, Total) All 1st Row Fields Link to Item Code.

2nd Row in PO ->> Create Database Field, Link to Same Field ID

Table -> POR1 - Purchase Order - Row.
Column -> Text.

->> Goto Field Index Window and Click Repetetive Area , then

->> put the Tick mark in Area Height Adjustment under Format Tab on Properties Area Window.

Save it and run the Print preview.

Regards,

Madhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhan,

The second row in PO for Text Row the "Link To" to the same Field ID, you mean the Text field, right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

Yes Correct, The second row in PO for Text Row the Link To to the same Field ID (Text Row ID),

because if you did not add the Line Text in PO rows, the paritcular text row will not print in PO Document.*

Regards,

Madhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhan,

Thank you for your patience. Can you explain when I need to Link To and when I need check the Adjust Area Height or how to determaine each section height in each PLD?

I have Invoice will print extra page that only has Report Header and Page Header but nothing for Repetitive Area or Page Footer. I removed and hide Page Footer original fields and decreased the Page Footer height to 26 but somehow the extra page can not removed. I put Invoice Total and all Remarks in End of Report area that works fine. Now, I have to use Page Footer for Invoice Total but will print on page 2, 3, 4...etc.

How to make Invoice End of Report can print on the page button not use Page Footer, print on the middle of Page for Invoice Total looks ugly.

Where I can get more training in web?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

Do this in your PLD,

->> Open your PLD and save as a duplicate PLD (Just testing PLD).

->> Right Click in PLD and Choose the Display Hidden Fields in PLD.

->> Reduce the Height of all fields in Repetetive Area, Page Header and End of Reports.

for example,

->> Select all fields including Hidden fields in Repetetive Area & Repetetive Area Footer and

Reduce the Height in General tab on Properties Widnow.

put the Height -> 15 and Font Size -> 10

->> Reduce the Repetetive Area Height and put the Tick mark in Area Height Adjustment in Format Tab.

IF you need to print the page footer in document print.

Same thing, Reduce all fields height in Page Footer (Height -> 15), Font Size -> 10 and Page Footer Height -> 25.

IF you dont need to print the Page Footer.

Try to remove all fieds(including Hidden fields) in Page Footer and Reduce the Height.

ex. Page Footer Height -> 0

Regards,

Madhan.

Edited by: Madhan Babu C on Sep 5, 2009 7:28 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I edited it and worked great now. Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lily,

Opening & Closing Remarks, Remarks and Line Text:

Opening Remarks:

->> Opening Remarks will able to print the Start of Report.

-> Create 1 Database Field in Start of Report and assign the Opening Remarks field.

Table -> Purchase Order.
Column -> Header.

Closing Remarks:

->> Closing Remarks will be print the End of Report.

-> Create 1 Database Field in End of Report and assign the Closing Remarks field.

Table -> Purchase Order.
Column -> Footer.

Remars: (Comments)

->> Doc. Remarks(Comments) will be print the End of Report.

-> Create 1 Database Field in End of Report and assign the Remarks field.

Table -> Purchase Order.
Column -> Comments - Remarks.

Line Text:

->> Line Text will print the Repetetive Area.

-> Create 1 Database Field in Repetetive Area and assign the Line Text field.

Table -> Purchase Order - Rows.
Column -> Text.

Regards,

Madhan.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Madhan,

I added all remarks but the problem came.

If I add POR1 - Text with items in Repetitive Area then each Item will have one to two lines empty rows since this PO has 2 rows on PO (first row has Text, second row has blank data, third row has Text), the fourth and fifth are items. Now, the PLD will have 2-3 lines blank between 2 items. How to just show all Text Rows but won't create extra rows between Items if no texst row between items?

I check the Adjusmnt Area Height for Repetitive Area with the height 40, item row set 16 height.