cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PO - Acct Assignment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We use the account assignment category  M and while creating PO from a Sales order.

It used to hit a Balance sheet G/L account but for some reason/change it is hitting a P/L consumption account.

Can anyone let me know how i can check in the system what has been changed?

Any input would be helpful.

Thanks,

Meghna,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OME9 and check the account modification assigned against the account assignment category M.

Now go to OBYC and check the GL assigned for the account modifier against the transaction key GBB.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks AKPT.

I checked and I do see the P/L accounts assigned against it. We always had these P/L accounts before but it somehow used to hit the balance sheet account.

Any other place where I can check?

Thanks,

Meghna

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I couldnt get your point:

You wrote:

Could you please clarify whether the GL assigned in obyc is hitting or not.

Regards,

AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry AKPT -

We have 2 g/l accounts example:

12345 - Balance sheet account

56789 - P/L account assigned to a cost center

in OBYC against GBB > VKA > Valuation class combination we always had this entry 56789 but

somehow when the PO was created we always saw 12345 under the account assignment tab.

Starting today all the POs have the g/l account 56789 and the cost center in the account

assignment tab.

We want to see 12345 in the PO under the account assignment tab.

Thanks for checking.

Meghna.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Then change the account determination in OBYC. According to your own words, OBYC is pointing to the P/L account, so change it.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the GL assignment was changed recently in OBYC.  You may change it back to the required one and test the scenario. Refer the doc mentioned in the thread:

Regards,

AKPT

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

He can check the change log for OME9 and clear all doubts. If the entry was changed, it will have been recorded.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I guess It would be OBYC change, rather than OME9 change.

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But he says OBYC didn't change so....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I don't know what to say-

I tested in 2 systems - In both systems the entries in OBYC and OME9 are the same.

In one system it is hitting the Balance sheet account and in another system it is hitting the P/L account.

Thanks,

Meghna

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Use this procedure to find out why:

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot Joao.

I debugged the code - in the system with correct entry the value VORGANGSSCHLUESSEL is "BSX" and in the system where it is wrong the value is "GBB".

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Meghna

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange, it should be hitting GBB.  Wasn't there a recent change to the standard code, enhancement or something like that?

If you are debugging the call to MR_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT, can you post the code that includes the call to MR_ACCOUNT_ASSIGNMENT?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry Joao.

Yes it hits GBB but after going through some CO routines it changes to BSX.

I am still debugging.

Meghna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Joao.

Issue is solved - someone changed the material type with no update.

Meghna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Meghna Rao wrote:

somehow when the PO was created we always saw 12345 under the account assignment tab.

Starting today all the POs have the g/l account 56789 and the cost center in the account

Are you using anything different in this PO with regards to old PO.

When you use account assignment category, then system always credit the G/L account which is used in Account assignment tab.

Compare your settings with this document Automatic Account Determination for without material master.

Here you can find how the G/L account is determined in account assignment tab.

Regards

Dev