Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PMW - BACS - UK - clarification please

ashok_backiaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a query here in regard to BACS Direct Debit Process.incoming payments..GB BACS

How do we generate first , Recollection & final collection file in BACS format using Payment Medium: GB BACS in IS-Retail module.

Do we have any separate transaction available and do we need to create separate Pay method for these 1st, Regular & final collection and is there any specific config required in regard to bank transaction codes in the file?

These files specifically require different bank code(Say 01(First Coll)....18(Recollection) etc....). Will GB BACS support these different file creation or do we need to create customs enhancements for this?

Cheers,

Ashok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashok,

You are almost there. If you carefully read the Direct Debit section of the SAP Note 13674, you can get the information you want. I am replicating an excerpt for your convenience :

"...As the SAP table T042N can only link one transaction code to a payment method, it is suggested that for the first collection from the new bank account, a new payment method is used in the field bseg-zlsch in the SAP documents. Additional payment program configuration will also be necessary."

Please let me know if you are looking for something else than this ..

Regards,

Suresh Jayanthi.

ashok_backiaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the response.

I have already configured a separate Payment Method (G) for Direct Debit incoming payment and able to generate a flat file in GB_BACS format. (selecting Payment Medium Workbench in Payment Method, Country node in fbzp)

Now, reading this to my understanding, we need to create one more payment method (F) with all its configuration as above (G). Here, I don't understand what are the difference we need to apply in configuring (F).

Do we need to change the RFFGB_T programme when we use Payment Medium Workbench also (as here I am not using classic RFFGB_T)?

Would be much helpful, if these doubts can be cleared with any good documents.

Cheers,

Ashok

ashok_backiaraj
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In legacy for Direct Debit Incoming payment (AR) already the client has developed ZRFFOGB_T to create two files 1. Transaction file and 2. Instruction file based on 3 payments methods for new, existing and closing customers. This was under Classic payment method and country configuration based on AUDDIS requirement.

Now the client upgrades to ECC 6.

Still do we need to make the ZRFFOGB_T changes in ECC 6 to create 2 above said files (or) GB_BACS payment medium formate, creating single transactional file itself is enough.

I am to advise the client which way the Direct Debit needs to be in operational in future.

Could you please help me in this regard?

Regards,

Ashok