cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Task List

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All

In PM Task list, in the operation overview screen, if we attach a excel file in the long text header , as services for an object.

I am not getting that attachment in the call object , generated from the plan created with the above task list.

Is there any functionality available in SAP PM to get this attachment in the call object and to print this attachment.

Thanks in advance

Manish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to all

Solution found by the ABAPer

Manish Bansal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi thayagrajan

I have tried it in IDES also, its same.

Anyway, the temporary solution is to change the font and the Paragraph format in script itself.

So that the shop floor papers will get the required font.

Quick question, If we assign a graphics in the long text of the task List (Graphics, which is stored in the SAP Document server) and generate a Maintenance Order "X" from this Task through the maintenance Plan.

I am not getting this Graphic in the Maintenance Order X.

But ,if i assign graphic to another order "Y" , which is created through IW31, I am able to get it in the Order print outs.

The reason i found that the width of the Task List opeartion Long Text is less than the Maintenance Order long text.

Can u provide another reason, for this , Or the solution to increase the width.

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fischer

I will surely use this as an option. Meanwhile, can we change the font of the operation Long text.

If i try to change the character format of the Operation Long text in Order or in Task list , It is not allowing me to do so.

Were these character formats are stored in SAP.

In the script we can change the character format, but here the system is not allowing.

Ragards

Manish bansal.

former_member187991
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi Manish

i think this is authorization issue,in my system i can able to modify ( Bold,Underline) the text i have created.kindly check in ides system also

regards

thyagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Fischer

Your answer is very usefulL, but in my current project we are not using the DMS functionality of SAP.

My problem is , we have to Map the excel based PM Plans to the SAP Task List as opeartion long text.

First i thought to get the excel based sheet as attachment in Task List and get them printed.

But now as services for an object and DMS can't not be used.

I have to Map it as Operation Long text.

But the Operation Long text offers limited functionality, you can't change the font of the text, you can't create check boxes............It is taking only the Plain Text.

Is the functionality of changing text Font is available in SAP PM Task List.

Thanks in advance.

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

Maybe this idea can help.

Identify the fields that are carried over from the maintenance plan to the generated work order.

Use one of the fields (of the maintenance plan or item or tasklist) that you are not populating with any data.

In this field..store the path of where you excel based plan is..

(C:/Plans/....)

So when the plan is generated the person can go to the approprite document and print...

Not a solution to what you need..but only a suggestion..

Thanks,

KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manish,

When you upload a external-file to the long text ..essentially you are copying the text from the external-file to the longtext.

As far as I know you are not attaching this file.

There are two ways.. I know of..to attach documents,

(1) Using the Services for Object button on the upper left hand side corner of the screen. Here the attachment does not get transferred..so it does not solve your problem.

(2)Use the Production resource tool (Document)..For this, click on the operation in the tasklist which you want to attach a document. Click on the PRT button below. Select document option on the pop-up window. For this the document has to be created an maintained using the DMS system. This attachment should be transferred ..

Thanks,

KF

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not functioning.

regard

mubeen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, I've tried to attach a document as a PRT to a operation in a tasklist.

I created a maintenance plan wherein this tasklist was used.

I scheduled the plan & manually called it to create a work order.

When I go to the work order generated from the plan. It contains the operations mentioned in the tasklist and it also has the PRT (Document) linked to it.

In the work order operations tab, select the relevant operation and then click on the PRT button below. Select the PRT line in the next window and then click on 'Display PRT'.

You should see the document.

Let me know if it still does not work

Thanks,

KF