cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PM Order Budget Implementation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

Presently the PM order is linked with Budget by TCodes: KO22 & KO24 and to approve the list of PM order we have a Z report which is approved by Gate Keepers who are responsible for maintenance costs.

But the budget is checked against the actual costs. Is it possible to make a check or validation against the planned costs of the PM order?

Either through user status of the order or something like that. If any body well versed with this scenario please help me and it is quite urgent.

Regards,

Selva

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

someswararao_perla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

In SAP, planning & budgeting is two different features

I haven't seen SAP allowing budget availability check based on Planned costs.

However, you can setup commitment management to restrict the expenditure based on Actual + pending commitments (from pending Purchase requistion + Purchase orders) against total Budget.

Hope this helps

Cheers,

Som

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

This clarification is quite urgent!. can some body help me to ensue further on this

Regards,

Selva

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can write a validation rule (GGB3 I think) if you wanna check your planning values against the (actual + commitment values)...I don't think as the other person replied that you can check your actuals against planned values & block it.

Others in the forum can confirm this....this is what I believe....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Soma & Morgan,

Thanks for the update.

Present configuration checks the Budget Vs Actual as indicated by Soma. But we need to check Budget Vs Planned cost and if the maintnenace engineer does some planninbg more than the budget , work order should go for a release again by the gate keeper which need to be implemented.

This will provide the gate keeper to control the maintenance costs.

Regards,

Selva

someswararao_perla
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Selva,

As mentioned earlier, SAP has not given such feature to have availability check based on plan. It does only against budget.

Please assign points if it is useful.

Cheers,

Som