cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plant - specific BOM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I would like to know is it possible to maintain a plant-specific BOM, i.e. if i make any changes for a BOM in one plant it should not reflect in other plants.

I want this functionality both at header & item level

Eg: At header level if i block a BOM for one plant, it should not be blocked in other plants.

Await inputs.

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

when you do some modifications in the BOM,after entering

the material part no & Plant you will be doing the changes.

This will not affect the BOM which's present in the other plant.

Check in CS02,giving the material part no Say X,plant Eg

1000 and do some changes and save.

Now assuming that the material part no X also exists in plant

2000,check the BOM details in display mode.

I doubt whether this was your query.

Please check & revert back.

Regards

Mangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Mangal,

At the moment, i am trying to see if i can block the BOM at header level in one plant.

So for plant 1000 i set the status as block. But when i open the BOM for plant 2000, the status is block there as well. So is it possible to have a block for a specific plant?

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vivek

In your case are u maintaining a single material say X in two different plants invidually or using Group BOM concept??

If it is a group BOM; then no doubt changes made at one end will be reflected in all plants

Please clarify

Rgsd

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Use transaction CS07 to delete the assignmnet of the Group in Plant 2000. Once you have delete the BOM allocation for the plant in this transaction, use transaction CS01 to create a new BOM for the material in plant 2000.

Regards,

Prasobh

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vivek,

I think it must be a group BOM,only in that case changes

made ,will hit at all plant levels.

Goto T code CS03,enter the part no alone and press F6 for

Header,if there exists a group BOM,then only the system will

allow you to move to next screen,so it confirms that it's a

group BOM.

Regards

Mangal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Mangal,

As mentioned by you, in CS03 i entered the material & BOM usage = 3 (this field is mandatory) & clicked on header, but system prompts the message

'BOM not found for this material / plant / usage'

So it is not a group BOM, any other solution?

Vivek

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Have you tried what I have told using CS07?

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vivek,

I think u r using plant assignment method. Dont do that. That time any changes in any plant that will be affected in all plants. so u use the CS01 always to when will u create new BOM for all plants.

For example

Suppose u want create X material to 1000, 1200, 1300 plants. Then u use CS01 for 1000 and 1200 and 1300 individually for that material.

I think it is enough.

Regards

Balachandar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Prasobh,

Your solution works, but i would like to know is there no other way to have a plant - specific BOM?

Reason i am asking is because, if i need to create the same BOM each time instead of allocating, it will add a lot of work & will be prone to errors. The production dept. will not accept this solution.

Any alternatives?

Vivek

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear vivek,

When you create a BOM with respect a plant in CS01,then it

becomes plant specific.

Upto my knowledge I dont know there is some other way od

doing so.

So always enter the material part no,plant and BOM usage in

CS01 and create a BOM.

Regards

Mangal

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Vivek,

Use the "copy from option" to create the BOM from the existing BOM for the material in other plant.

Say for example you have created a BOM with transaction CS01 for Material A, Usage 1, Plant 1000, Alternate 1.

Now if you want to create a BOM for the same materail in Plant 2000,

1. In the intial screen of CS01 enter Material A, Usage 1, Plant 2000, Alternate 1 and then hit the "Copy from Icon" or F7.

2. You will get a popup screen Here you enter Material A, Usage 1, Plant 1000, Alternate1 and hit enter.

3. Now hit the select all or Ctrl+F3 button to select all the components of previous BOM. (Please ensure that the component materials masters are already created in Plant 2000).

4. Now hit Copy button or F5.

5. Save the BOM. Your BOM for Plant 2000 is now created.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear prasobh,

i have one requirement that BOM for one material should be shared by all plant under different company codes so that space in the database of R/3 should be saved. is CS07 the right one by extendoing BOM. As several materilas are common in all plants. give me idea about routings also.

thanks and regards

RObert

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

You got it right!!!.

Create a Group BOM using transaction CS01, here you need to input the Material Number, BOM Usage and Alternate Number only. (Plant Should not be entered). Once a Group BOM is created you can extend it to plants using transaction "CS07". The prerequisite is that you should have all the Component and Header materail masters extended to this plant before extending the BOM.

Routing also you can create a routing and use the materail assignment option in the routing to assign it to the relevant materails or same materail in other plant.

Regards,

Prasobh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr. Prasobh

Thank you very much for your inputs.

Note for others: Thanks for having given your inputs in resolving this problem.

Regards,

Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI prasobh,

As you have suggested group BOM creation as different plants will share the same bom for similar materials, here our situation is like that we have created the BOMs in two plants for similar materials. now roll out is going on for two more plants which are having the same material. if we extend by cs07 is the space in the database will be saved or not, this is my doubt.

suggest asap......thanks in advance

Robert

former_member196398
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Robert,

Certainly the space saving is there as the BOM number used is same.

Regards,

Prasobh

Answers (0)