cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLant in PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If i create a PO for one plant and trying to do the GRN in other plant, system is not allowing me to do. Is there any possibility of carrying ithe GRN for other unit.

I dont want to mention the plant in the PO but i want to do the GRN in any plant it is should be possible, how can i acheive this..

Pls suggest

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is not possible. I am not sure why you need this. Can you please explain us the reason of doing this? The only thing which comes to my mind is that in Centrally Agreed Contract, in which we do not mention plant and plant is only mentioned when release order is created. But I am not sure what is your scenario. Hence, please let us all know what exactly is your requirement.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Maybe you can thinking of a default plant in the PO, and when there is a need to GR in another plant, then just change it before GR.

alternatively, you can thinking of additional step such as STO or Transfer posting from plant to plant, after the PO has completed GR.

Do share with us more about your actualy requirement, and always think about the business SOP...^^

Thanks and Regards,

CW

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage location is created under plant,so how the system understands that this storage belongs to certain plant.And one more thing procurement is done either plant lever or company code level,not storage location level.It is said to enter Plant in PO.It is mandatory.

Best regards,

Sridhar G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please note that in material master your purchasing data is dependent on PLANT so any ITEM data in PO requires plant for creation.

So what you are asking is not possible.

Regards

Manish

Edited by: ayyallas on Feb 16, 2012 5:22 AM

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Plant is a logical logistic organisation unit where it represent a manufacturing plant or a corporate office or a large storage unit. Each plant have own excise registration number where you specify multiple goods receipt & multiple credits allowed to receive more than one delivery per excise invoice, and if so, whether we can take the CENVAT credit immediately or not( some time plant is a Depot).

So creating PO with one plant and receiving goods WRT same PO with another plant, imagine how functionally correct!

Regards,

Biju K

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i create a PO for one plant and trying to do the GRN in other plant, system is not allowing me to do. Is there any possibility of carrying ithe GRN for other unit.

I dont want to mention the plant in the PO but i want to do the GRN in any plant it is should be possible, how can i acheive this..

It is not possible to change plant while doing MIGO,its sap stander,

second you have to mention plant in PO otherwise you will get error message like maintain plant,

you can Do STO later after GRN to send material to other plant.

Regards

Kailas Ugale