cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning file entry creation via MDAB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I have created a variant in MDAB for a specific plant as I thought I can schedule a job on daily basis. I was under the impression that the Planning File entries for the materials will get created after we run the program in MDAB. After the program run is finished, I could not see any Planning file entry in MD21. Am I missing out any step? The user will run MDBT with his variant having processing key NETCH. Through MDAB, is it not possible to create a Planning file entry for MRP run (MD01/ MDBT) having processing key as NETCH. Please advice. Thanks.

Brijesh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

MDAB- Set up planning file entry in background it will create the planning file entry for those mterials which has under gone the changes and relevant for MRP.

There is no need to run this transaction regularly, unless otherwise you find a lot of inconsistency and some material which are supposed to get planned in MRP run are not getting planned.

Please refer this link for details

http://scn.sap.com/thread/1417108

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Brahmankar,

Thanks for the reply. So the conclusion here is MDAB will not create any planning file entries for the materials which is already planned and for which procurement proposal is already generated. It means by MDAB, Planning file gets created only for those materials which has not planned due to some inconsistency and which does not have a planning file entry. Am i correct?

Can you please explain how we can check the program log after running MDRE so that I can check those materials which does not have any planning file entry? Could you please explain it in detail?Thanks.

Regards

Brijesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are correct,

If you run the batch job for  MDRE  for your plant then in SM37 you can check the  program log will let you know if any materials are missing an entry in the planning file. If there is any missing, then run MDAB & the system will make planning file entries.

Else you can run the program RMMDVM10 in SE38 to get the details for log in foreground.

From a technical point of view, the planning file entry is an entry in table MDVM

The date at which the material has been planned the last time (DSTMP) and the date at which a planning file entry has been set the last time (USTMP)

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Brahamankar. I would like to know one more thing whether the PR in opening period (creation indicator in MRP run) is applicable for re-oder point planning as I thought reorder point planning always go for forward scheduling from the current MRP date. So in that case if the creation indicator during the MRP run is defined as 2 (PR in opening period), what will happen? Whether the system creates a PR always or does it create a Planned Order too?

Regards

Brijesh

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think you should open new discussion as both are different topics, so it will help other too.

Anyway,

For reorder point planning, the requirement date is set to the planning date when there is a shortfall of reorder point

As a result, the opening and planning dates no longer fall on the same day and the system generates corresponding planned orders. Please test the same and come back.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Brahmankar,

I have a scenario where the user is having the MRP run with creation indicator 2 (PR in opening period). And this is reorder point planning.In my opinion, the system will go for forward scheduling in the re-order point. The system will consider the MRP date as the requirement date. So the current date/ MRP date will teh order start date. Then which which period is considerd as Opening period? And how the system calculates the PR in opening period. Please advice. Thanks a lot.

Regards

Brijesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In forward scheduling system will not consider the opening period.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

Forward scheduling is always carried out for reorder point planning

In forward scheduling, the opening date is of no significance as the ordering process is started immediately.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MDAB is generally used  during the implementaion to activate the MRP for a plant whose material master data already exists in the system. Thus, the materials are then included in the planning file.

After activation, when ever the the MRP relevant action taken place for the material( such as sale order creation, Goods movement , PIR, Reservation, etc) system will create a Planning file entry automatically

after the MRP run system will delete the planning file entry. This way system will reduce the run time while executing the MRP run in MD01/MDBT . If MRP MRP is carried out for all the materials, then System will take more time to execute the same result

If you want to run MRP for all the materials , Better use processing key NEUPL

refer the SAP library for more detail

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_46c/helpdata/fr/61/e92c7dd435d1118b3f0060b03ca329/content.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually I want to know how Planning file entries are created in MDAB. I have created a variant in MDAB for planning file entry and ran the program. But this is not creating any Planning file entries. I am still not finding any entries in Md21.

Actually through a background MRP job, planned orders is created for required materials in plant. But the user wants to run MDBT agai with its own variant. But as the planning file enty does not exist, we would like to create Planning file entry through MBAB and run MRP with NETCH.

Regards

Brijesh

sundaresan_velayudam
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

MDAB - will create a planning file entry only for the material  which is created before the MRP activation

if you want to run a MRP for all the materials then

Run a MRP in MDBT with Processing Key NEUPL, system will consider all the material in the plant.

or create a LSMW for MD20 and create a planning file entry for the all the material