cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned orders for Safety Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all

I am trying to solve an issue that a client brought up. There are planned orders that are existing in the system but they are dates for previous months. I believe they are not firmed and they are MRP generated. My question is, why are they dated for previous months? Shouldn't they be dated as of the last MRP run?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obie,

Not much to go on.  Your question is vague, so here is an equally vague answer:  The most common reason for planned orders in the past, which are part of the current planning run, is that they are supporting a net requirements shortage that exists in the past.

Best Regards,

DB49.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

But what if there aren't any past requirements shortage? What if the only requirements are from the safety stock? Won't my planned orders be dated for the current month?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Obie,

Safety stock acts as a requirement.  In general, the basic safety stock requirement has a requirements date of 'today'.

Planned orders, however, have availability dates that are consistent with their own master data and configuration.  If you wish to eliminate confusion, ensure that none of the planned orders are firmed, and then run MRP with parameter 'delete and recreate'. 

If a fresh MRP run gives you new planned orders with dates in the past, and you have convinced yourself that there are no requirements in the past, then the first thing to look at would be safety time (Material Master MRP2 tab, on the right side).

Best regards,

DB49

Answers (0)