Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plan category Vs plan version

sunit_rastogi73
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

There is a Fiori to upload plan data called 'Import Financial Plan Data' to update plan values for cost centers/WBSs etc. The data is associated with a plan category which is similar to plan version. However, this data when imported does not update traditional table such as COSP. It only updates ACDOCP table. One other thing to note that ACDOCP does not have object # field which traditional SAP objects such as cost centers, WBSs etc. have always had. Secondly, for Results Analysis or traditional reporting it appears ACDOCP is not used so we need to use the transaction CJR2 to update data to a plan version. Please help to clarify if my understanding is correct. Thanks

DirkLehmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Sunit,

you tagged this question with "DevOps", can you please give more details which product or technology you're refering to? We currently have problems to understand how we can route your request to a corresponding expert.

Thanks in advance

Dirk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor

Hi Sunit,

Your understanding is correct. You can also check this blog post:

https://blogs.sap.com/2021/02/05/cost-planning-integration-between-controlling-and-finance/

Regards,

Paulo

sunit_rastogi73
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks Paulo for your quick response. Do you recommend we implement the OSS note as suggested in the blog to transfer data from CO tables to ACDOCP and vice versa? Would there be any adverse impact? I think it may be beneficial for standard reporting, however, I am still not clear how ACDOCP table would treat different plan versions in CO.

Thanks Again.

Sunit Rastogi

Paulo_Vitoriano
Active Contributor

Hi Sunit,

You can build yourself the relationship between CO versions and plan categories. Ideally as 1:1, and further decide where to maintain the plan data.

Regards,

Paulo