cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR Reduction & PIR Consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

I am reading the below statement in SAP forum.

"In many make-to-order production strategy, sales orders or their deliveries consume the quantity of planned independent requirements. After issuing goods by delivery for sales orders, the quantity of planned independent requirements are reduced".

What is the difference between PIR consumption & PIR reduction? Can anyone help me to understand the difference between PIR reduction & PIR consumption with some example?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

0 Kudos

Consumption means the relation of PIR and SO/Dependent Requirement/Reservation meanwhile the quantiry of PIR itself doesn't have any change.

Reduction means the quantity of PIR is automoticly reduced by Delivery/GR, means disappearing. So PIR gets a close cycle.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

My observation on PIR consumption & PIR Reduction goes as below. Can anyone please guide me?

A> PIR Consumption:

Q1: For PIR consumption, the value in field "Consumption Indicator" in OMPO (Maintain Requirement Class for PIR) & the value in the field "Allocation Indicator" in OVZG (Requirement Class for Customer Requirements) are considered. The entry in the "Consumption Indicator" (in OMPO) & the entry in the "Allocation Indicator" (in OVZG) should be SAME. Am i right? For reference attached the

OPPS (Planning strategy 40), OMPO & OVZG screen shot.

OMPO screen shot for Req class 101 (The consumption indicator is maintained as 1-Consume planning with assembly)

OVZG screen shot for Req class 050 (The allocation indicator is maintained as 1-Consume planning with assembly)

B> PIR Reduction:

For PIR reduction, the setting in the OVZI & setting in OMJJ (Movement type) will be considered.

OVZI setting for req.class 050 (Screen shot):

The below setting controls that the item category "ZTAN" will be assigned to delivery items for which the req.class is 050 while delivery document creation

OMJJ Setting:

Q2: The below setting controls whether the PIR to be reduced while using the movement type. If this check box is enabled for delivery related goods movement type, then PIR will be reduced during delivery document creation. Is this right?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thank you for the info with example.

Your statement says:

"The total requirements list only shows the sales order(s), that have created a Physical reduction of independent requirements".

Q1: Here you mean the "Physical reduction of independent requirements" as "PIR reduction"?

Q2: In which transaction, i can see the "Total Requirements List"?

Your statement says:

"In the above example, only the 50pc of the first sales order will display in the Demand Management’s total requirements list, even though more were sold. Other functions, such as LIS or SIS, display those extra orders".

Q3: What is the transaction for "Demand mgmt's total requirements list"?

Q4: What are the transactions for other functions like LIS / SIS?

Thanks

former_member186193
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Selva,

PIR consumption:

In strategy 40, when sale order comes, sale order requirement will consume the PIR means if there a sale order comes for 40 EA qty. and there is a PIR of 100 EA available in the system after MRP run in MD04 it shows PIR of 60 EA and sales order requirement of 40 EA.

It shows PIR's consumed.

PIR reduction:

In strategy 10, the initial PIR entered as100 EA is and production is carried out and GR is took place for 50 then PIR will be reduced by 50 EA and in MD04 PIR will show as 50 EA only and if you see in MD62 you can find only 50 EA only.

Hope it helps you.

Regards,

Alok Tiwari

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

In strategy 10 and 40, PIR reduction takes place when goods are issued to delivery where as in 11 PIRs are reduced when GR from production happens.

Check these link:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/a2/4e799d927d11d1800f00c04fadcb73/content.htm?framese...

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_07/helpdata/en/cd/b8580b8e4611d1918c0000e8a5f6e6/content.htm?framese...

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alok Tiwari,

My observation on PIR consumption & PIR Reduction goes as below.

A> PIR Consumption:

Q1: For PIR consumption, the value in field "Consumption Indicator" in OMPO (Maintain Requirement Class for PIR) & the value in the field "Allocation Indicator" in OVZG (Requirement Class for Customer Requirements) are considered. The entry in the "Consumption Indicator" (in OMPO) & the entry in the "Allocation Indicator" (in OVZG) should be SAME. Am i right?

For reference attached the OPPS (Planning strategy 40), OMPO & OVZG screen shot.

OMPO screen shot for Req class 101 (The consumption indicator is maintained as 1-Consume planning with assembly)

OVZG screen shot for Req class 050 (The allocation indicator is maintained as 1-Consume planning with assembly)

B> PIR Reduction:

For PIR reduction, the setting in the OVZI & setting in OMJJ (Movement type) will be considered.

The below setting controls that the item category "ZTAN" will be assigned to delivery items for which the req.class is 050 while delivery document creation

OMJJ Setting:

Q2: The below setting controls whether the PIR to be reduced while using the movement type. If this check box is enabled for delivery related goods movement type, then PIR will be reduced during delivery document creation. Is this right?

Thanks

Anupam1143
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

Check this document Mr

Regards,

Anupam Sharma

Caetano
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

Basically, consumption is the allocation to the sales order to the PIR. It is dynamic and nothing is changed on the database.

Reduction happens when the goods movement is posted and the PIR quantity is updated on the database.

Note 772856 also provides an explanataion for the difference between consumption and reduction. You can find a link to this note on the document refered by Mr. Anupam.

BR

Caetano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Caetano,

My observation on PIR consumption & PIR Reduction goes as below.

A> PIR Consumption:

Q1: For PIR consumption, the value in field "Consumption Indicator" in OMPO (Maintain Requirement Class for PIR) & the value in the field "Allocation Indicator" in OVZG (Requirement Class for Customer Requirements) are considered. The entry in the "Consumption Indicator" (in OMPO) & the entry in the "Allocation Indicator" (in OVZG) should be SAME. Am i right? For reference attached the

OPPS (Planning strategy 40), OMPO & OVZG screen shot.

B> PIR Reduction:

OMJJ Setting:

Thanks