Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR reduction according to requirement type

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

My requirement is to reduce PIR according to requirement type mentioned for PIR and Sales Order. For this I created Strategy Group with 4 different strategies. Each strategy has unique combination of PIR requirement type and Sales Order requirement type (all requirement type is basically copy of requirement type of strategy 40). According to me logically system should reduce corresponding PIR at the time of sales order creation depending on the requirement type mentioned in Sales Order and combination mentioned in strategy.

Request you all to please validate the same and give your valuable comments.

Regards............

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

What ever customer requirement type you had maintain in the system , it will consume your PIR.

what ever your written in your question is , it sounds perfectly logical.

system should reduce corresponding PIR at the time of sales order creation depending on the requirement type mentioned in Sales Order and combination mentioned in strategy.

So have go ahead and test it and revert back for further discussion.

Best Regards

Ritesh

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I have tested it 2-3 times but its not working and so I was not sure and posted the same here. Is it possible for you to check the same in system, it would be great help.

Thanks once again.

Regards............

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devang ,

send me the combination of requirement type you created , if time permits me i will try to test it myself and let you know the result.

Regards

Ritesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PIR Reduction means original PIR qty in the MD04 gets reduced in MD04 list or it will disapper in MD04.

This generally happens when GI or GR depedning on the planning strategy.

I guess you are talking about PIR Consumption, Here the sales order when planned, consumes the receipts created for the PIR.

Hope you could see the diffrence now.

For both of them , you need defined Consumption mode and periods in MRp-3 view.

regards

Ratan

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

I created Strategy group with 4 strategies assigned to it. Each Strategy has unique combination of PIR Requirement Type and Sales Requirement Type, each PIR requirement type/class is copy of VSF/101 (XP1, XP2, XP3,XPE) and Sales Requirement type/class is copy of KSV/50 (XS1, XS2,XS3,XSE).

I have maintained PIR with four different version and erquirement type, XP1, XP2, XP3,XPE.

When I create sales order with particular requirement type (XS1) logically system should consume PIR with requirement type (XP1). But system is not consuming corresponding PIR but instead system is always consuming PIR which is in first line of MD62. And hence even when I create four sales order with four different Requirement Type (XS1,XS2,XS3,XSE) system only consume PIR with only one requirement type.

Regards..............

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ratan,

Thanks for your response. Yes, you are right I was refering to consumption of PIR and not reduction.

Regards..............

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ritesh,

Did you got time to test the scenario?

I am still struggling for solution.

It would be great help if any one can help to find the solution or let me know how can I manually assign PIR to requirement doc like sales order so that only particular PIR reduces for particular sales order.

Thanks and regards.......................

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Devang,

Strategy 40 - in Strategy 40 consumption of PIR takes place no point of reduction over here

there is a difference between reduction & consumption

here is 40 incoming sales orders consume PIR (i.e the moment u creat sales order ur PIr gets consumed which can seen in MD04)

Check & Revert Back

Regards

kumar

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

Thanks for your response. I mean consumption of PIR and not reduction. Can you please help to resolve the issue of PIR consumption according to requirement type.

Regards..............

Ritz
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Devang,

i still not got chance to create it , but i made few guess check them out.

1) reason can be as all requirement types are associated with single strategy group put in same material that may be the reason.

2) as you created 4 version its always looking into first version as its the only active version .

Regards

ritesh

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Ritesh,

For point 1) I have created four strategies and assigned that to one strategy group and assigned that strategy group to material in material master. I hope this is the only possible way of assigning multiple requirement type to one material.

For point 2) All versions are active version.

Please correct me if I am wrong.

Once again thanks for your response.

It would be great help if you can test the same sceanario at your end.

Regards...........