cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PI partner not fetching from Vendor master while creating PO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Initially it seemed very simple issue when user confirmed me sometimes at the time of creating PO ,the PI partner role from Vendor master is not automatically populating in the PO.

I tested and the same did not happen to me.The user facing sometimes this issue not always.But the reason is unknown.

I checked the vendor master and the PI partner vendor is very much included in the vendor master data.Though while creating PO,system only PI partner data is not pulling...I checked whether the PI partner data is created for that company code or not.

Sometimes its created sometimes not...But in both the cases its happening...

Not getting any clue..

Regards

Zeenat Rehana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ravindra_devarapalli
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

PI partner function it will get directly while doing invoice. Check in MIRO whether the PI partner functions  picking or not.

And also check SAP NOTE : 394091

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am clueless why only PI partner number not fetching automatically by system while creating PO(ME21N).Though when i view the vendor master XK03 in Partners tab ,i can find PI partner is attached already.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

is the PI partner is the partner schema that you use for your POs?

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check OLME->Partner Determination->partner setings in vendor master records.

Check "Define Permissible Partner Roles per Account Group"

And also check WYT3 table for PI function.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

PI-remit to party partner function which is Mandatory partner function in Partner Schemas vendor Master.

In vendor master data (blank) standard schema vendor is used in purchasing view.

While raising PO ,particularly PI partner function vendor no is not automatically fetching in PO.

Other partner function like GS,OA,VN, partner function & respective vendor no is pulling automatically in the PO.

Regards

Zeenat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dev,

Thanks for your input..Checked all settings.All seems correct.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeenat,

If the all settings are correct, then the problem should be solved.

Check this

Check these screen shot.

If this is blank, then

And If this is filled by schema then.

Then the function is working.

Thanks

DEV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DEV,

Partner Schema assigned to Document Type already.Settings correct.

Till PI partner vendor no is not pulling...In all the cases its not happening in few cases the user is facing the issue.For the same example when i am trying to raise PO in Rt3(testing server) i am not getting the issue with the vendor.

Thanks for your detailed discussion...Really liked it.

Regards

Zeenat

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Zeenat,

It seems user authorizations problem.

Thanks

DEV

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you have not yet said if the PI partner is just the vendor himself (same vendor number as is VN role) or if it is a different vendor number.

if it is a different vendor number, then check if the vendor has blocks or deletion indicators

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

VN partner & PI partner are different.I checked the PI partner is not blocked or deleted.

Regards

Zeenat Rehana

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you check if you can find records for you vendor in LFM2 table.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just one more thing to check: The PI partner needs to have a company code view for the company used in the purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

No that vendor master data not saved in LFM2 ..

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1st find for which PO Document Type - you are creating your PO?

Now Check - Did Partner Schemas created  and assigned to your PO Document Types?

Find your Partner Schemas created in following path:
SPRO > Material Management > Purchasing > Partner Determination > Partner Settings in Purchasing Documents

And
find - did partner function PI(Invoicing Party) set Mandatory (check box selected) in your Partner Schemas of PO Document Types. If not-- set Mandatory of PI(Invoicing Party) and save.

Now create PO with your PO document type and find the difference.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

For me what it did was to unblock the vendor for the company code...if the vendor is blocked for the PO company code the PI function is not assigned.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check the note: Note 394091 - Partners are not transferred from vendor master

Regards,

AKPT