cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Physical Inventory in WM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got some questions related to physical inventory.

Our customer wants a physical inventory based on the material (both for IM and WM). In WM "next empty bin" for putaway and "FIFO" for picking are used.

During the physical inventory process the following should be possible:

1) Per day a certain amount of materials should be inventoried (depending on the time the warehouse worker has time for that). That means in case of WM it should be possible to enter the quantity of materials to be inventoried and the inventory document then contains all the bins where the material is.

2) A report that shows which materials are already inventoried and which are not inventoried so far.

The only possible physical inventory method in SAP for 1) could be cycle counting as this provides the information in MARC when the last inventory was done. For all other methods (annual, continous) this information is stored in the bin only. But I could not find anything to enter the amount of materials I want to inventory. If I use cycle counting I would get all materials the first time running LX26. Sure I can select 50 bins per document and only activate some of the documents but then it could happen that the same material is in more than one document.

2) No standard report available.

Is there a way to do that in standard SAP? In case it involves changes where do you see them?

Cheers

Mathias

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As there is no standard functionality in SAP to do a physical inventory in WM on material level I will develop something.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sarvesh,

thanks for the info.

I guess the link you wanted to show me is:

Cheers

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arif,

thanks for your reply.

I forgot to mention that for the storage types "no mixed stock" and "no addition to existing stock" is flagged. That means each bin only contains one quant with one material (=> each GR for the same material will be put in a new bin).

I know all the transactions you showed me but I have to enter material numbers or a material number range.

The customer only wants to enter the quantity of materials to be inventoried. Similar to LX16 where you can enter the "required number of bins" to be inventoried.

Example: material A (exists in 2 bins), B (3), C (1), D(5), E (3),...

Today I want to inventory 2 materials:

I got as result a inventory document with 5 bins containing material A+B,

Tomorow I want to inventory 1 material: C in one bin

Then again 2 materials. Inventory document contains 8 bins for the materials D and E.

I dont care about the sorting, 2 materials could also result in B+C or anything else.

It seems to be a legal requirement in France to check each material at least once per year. Anybody has experience in this topic for France using SAP?

Cheers

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

I suggest you to have a look on LICC transaction, here you have options to give criteria with Storage type, Storage bin, Material number with range, number of storage bin etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri

sarvesh_gudapati2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Mathias,

I have seen this requirement due to regulatory compliance in some of the industries. This comes from the fact that SAP physical inventory/cycle counting is believed to ensure that all bins are counted but not necessarily each material is counted atleast once in the current period. You need to create a custom report if required as I mentioned in the following thread. You need to show material, current period, ABC class, counted/not counted on the report. Selection criteria can be plant/warehouse/storage location/count class etc. Reward Points if helpful.

thanks,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mathias,

<b>1) Per day a certain amount of materials should be inventoried (depending on the time the warehouse worker has time for that). That means in case of WM it should be possible to enter the quantity of materials to be inventoried and the inventory document then contains all the bins where the material is.</b>

I suggest you to use Quant based cycle count inventory (Transaction code LICC), with this transaction you will be able to give your material input and you can also select the quant for which you want to carry out the inventory, it will not block entire bin

For more informaiton <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2005vp/helpdata/en/7b/bb0bc8b3c911d3b2ad0050045571f7/frameset.htm">Cycle count for Quant</a>

2) A report that shows which materials are already inventoried and which are not inventoried so far.

If you are using the inventory other than cycle count in that case, it will update the inventory details at bin level, but if you use Quant Cycle count inventory it will update Quant data as well so you can generate report from LQUA table or use the standard report LI15 transaction code

<b>The only possible physical inventory method in SAP for 1) could be cycle counting as this provides the information in MARC when the last inventory was done. For all other methods (annual, continous) this information is stored in the bin only. But I could not find anything to enter the amount of materials I want to inventory. If I use cycle counting I would get all materials the first time running LX26. Sure I can select 50 bins per document and only activate some of the documents but then it could happen that the same material is in more than one document.</b>

to resolve this use LICC instead of LX26

2) No standard report available.

There are couple of reports available which are more business user friendly with detailed invormations.

Go to SAP Menu --> Logistics --> Logistics Execution -> Information system --> Warehouse --> Phy Inv --> with bin inventory

Hope this helps.

Regards

Arif Mansuri