cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PGI for STO - Mvmt :351 - Authorization issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have an authorization issue while posting GI. In my scenario, user does GI by movement type 351 for Plant A to Plant B or Plant A to Plant C. To execute this transaction, he needs authorization for Plant A, Plant B and Plant C. Restricting the authorization to only Plant A does not allow him to post GI, But if he is authorized for Plant A , B and C then he can do GI for B to C or B to A as well. Please suggest if there is any authorization object to sort it out.

Yuvnish

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you analyzed what you wrote?

To my knowledge the user needs only authority for the plants he has to do the goods issue for.

He cannot influence the Goods receipt as it is a one-step movement.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for Replying.... You have replied with similar answer in an old thread too... but the fact is in movement 351 two things are happening -

1. You are reducing stock from Plant A (u have authorization)

2. You are adding SIT(Stock in transit) for Plant B( U cant do if you don't have authorization!!!!)

So if I have both authorizations I can move stock from Plant B to A as well!!... Is n't it??

It doesn't happen in case of GR as at the time of GR

1. You are moving SIT(Stock in transit) for Plant B to unrestricted/quality stock of Plant B ( authorization of only Plant B will suffice!!!!)

Any suggestions?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

2. You are adding SIT(Stock in transit) for Plant B( U cant do if you don't have authorization!!!!)

Have you tested it?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Of Course... Yes....

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am also experiencing this issue with movement type 351 in my Project.

The Project authorisation design has restricted roles to particular movement types and users to particular plants.

We are seeing that movement type 351 is requiring authorisation access to both the issuing and receiving plant (presumably becuare the movement puts the stock into 'stock in transit' stock of the receiving plant, so needs access to this plant).

However, giving the user access to multiple plants means the user can transact other movement types in these other plants - because the authorisation has been opened up for multiple plants and the authorisation check on plant seems a higher level than movement type.

In our design users should be restricted to just their own plant and in the case of the 351 movement be able to transact the movement 351-GI out of their plant successfully without needing the access to the 'receiving plant' as well. Is there a solution?

I note that movement type 303 does not require this open plant authorisation, and that movement puts the stock in 'transfer', whereas 351 movement puts the stock 'in transit', so I'm wondering what is the difference from an authorisation check perspective between these 2 movements? We will use 303 movement for the time being until a solution is sought for 351. We want to use Stock Transport Orders (with movement 351) from an MRP perspective (movement 303 doesn't work with planning).

Many thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Design of mvmt 351 is like this only... It needs other plant's authorization also...

If you are able to able to find a solution.. Please let me also know..

Yuvnish

Answers (0)