cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personnel number

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

can anybody solve my problem? In one organisation we hired one person, on that joining day we created personnel number all hiring related activity in Master data, now that employee is inactive he is skipped from this job, Now my client is asking for assign a new employee for the same personnel number, how can its possible for creating on the same personnel number for different employee? waiting for suggestion through i can come out with this problem-- waiting for solution

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If that employee master data is not required then delete all the personal data of that employee ( make sure before deleting the master data and confirm with client) and reset the number range Current status through PA04 transaction and hire another person for the same emp no.

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the suggestion

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can set at IT0032

Former Member
0 Kudos

Employee master data is not required then delete all the personal data of that employee confirm with client and delete ,reset the number range.

Current status through Personnel Actions and hire another person for the same employee number.

Former Member
0 Kudos

snehavani,

what MOHAN and SEVA said is correct.

before doing this confirm with your client that the master data of that employee is not required.

then delete all the infotypes through PA30UtilituesDelete personnel number or you can also use T.Code: PU00

if your client says that he want to maintain the master data of that employee then you suggest your client that we can not give the same pernr to the new hire.

regards,

mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When I am trying to do delete the perner number I can able to do but where in reset the pernur number m anable to do. and some are suggesting its not possible to assign

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can reset the perner via t.code pa04 and click on status and reset ther perner.

Regards,

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried to change in PA04 also even i am not getting

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

what is error ur getting now

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is not standard practice to assign one pernr to another employee.

You can delete the pernr by PA30>utilities>Delete personnel no.> delete the infotypes. and save it.

In PA04, if u have defined internal number range then give the pern number in current number.

Check and let us know the result.