cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personnel Areas based on Company Codes

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts ,

Can we have personnel areas based on company codes. In Organizational Reassignment It should display only personnel areas which are related to company code?? Is there any feature Is it possible??

Where as in my case it is displaying all Personnel Areas  for all company codes?? Is it doable in SAP

please let me know

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Please can you elaborate little more on the requirement actually as per your previous message i understand that while running the Organizational assignment action through PA40 transaction code in the 0000 infotype while the end user selects the Personnel area from the F4 help he/she is able to see all the Personnel areas.

One option is make the Personnel area as non-editable field in 0000 screen for that action type and as you assign the account assignment values in 1008 infotype to position in O.M those values will be defaulted when you enter the position no in 0000 infotype.

There is no standard feature here as per your requirement for defaulting the personnel area in 0000 infotype.Hope this info helps you. In case if this is not your requirement please let me know....

Regards,

Mithun K

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When PA40 is being executed, in IT0001, when Company code is being entered first, the respective personnel area can be chosen by using F4 entries. It doesnot display all the company codes. It displays only the personnel areas assigned to this company code. It can be seen from T500P table.

As mentioned by Mithun, it can also be done through IT1008 if it is defined at position level itself.

But, while executing the action, when company code is manually entered it displays the available personnel areas and user can select one. As far as it goes, there is no feature or functionality provided by SAP exclusively.

Thanks

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how can we manually enter company code in action infotype could you please let me know.

By default the company code field is block we cant make any changes in that right

correct me if iam wrong

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun,

Company - A  should display only personnel areas of company A

Company - B  should display only personnel areas of company B

There is no option to change company code . when we execute PA40 we see all personnel areas in the Organizational Assignment Action.

There is only option to change position id

So when we select company A Position Id it should display Personnel Areas of Company A

Similarly when we select Company B Position it should display Personnel Areas of Company B

Please let me know

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Company code cannot be entered in 0000 infotype only personnel area can be selected , what Madhav has told here is company code can be selected in the 0001 infotype and after selecting the same when you try to select personnel area through F4 selection then only the personnel areas related to the company code will be listed down here.

And as i said in previous message there is no standard feature for the same.

Hope this clears your doubt.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

I understand your requirement completely the point which i want to make clear for you is that through standard configuration you cannot restrict the personnel areas based upon company code.

Indirectly we can control through the 1008 infotype maintenance in O.M against the position id and then making the Personnel area field as non-editable field in case of Org assignment action type by maintaining the necessary settings in table T529A.

If you are entering the position id in 0000 infotype then personnel area corresponding to that only will be displayed in 0000 infotype as assigned in 1008 infotype in O.M module.Hope this could be a possible workaround in order to restrict the selection of personnel area by the end user.

Regards,

Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

It should allow user to edit personnel areas of respective company code but it shouldnt allow to view personnel areas of another company code.

As suggested Already I assigned position id to company code in 1008 stilll i can see all personnel areas of all company codes in  org assignment

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is position based, as i;ve suggested already to consider IT1008 to maintain the respective details and by executing PA40 only the respective PA and PSA will be displayed. I also agree with what Mithun has suggested.

Thanks

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

STILL ITS NOT RESOLVED I HAVE ASSIGNED COMPANY CODE FOR A POSITION STILL IT IS SHOWING ALL PERSONNEL AREAS OF AALL COMPANY CODES

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

As suggested please there is only one options two options to move ahead,

1. Restrict the personnel area selection by making it as non-editable in action infotype screen by making the settings in T549A table and maintain the 1008 infotype against position id in O.M module as shown below where only the personnel area corresponding to the company code will be listed down.

2. This option i am not sure but try this out by making use of the user exit - PBAS0001(EXIT_SAPFP50M_001, EXIT_SAPFP50M_002) with the help of ABAP consultant.

Hope this clears the issue.

Regards,
Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

In which screen please you are facing the issue please paste the screenshot.

Regards,
Mithun K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Basically PA > Company Code.

Respective PAs only should appear in particular company code is your requirement.

Using Authorizations at user level we can restrict the user to view relevant or respective areas.

Regards,

Reddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithun As i said you earlier I dont want to restrict the field . User should view only company code of those personnel areas it should allow user to assign in org assigment. He shouldnt view personnel areas of other company codes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reddy

Exactly!!!!  Respective PAs only should appear in particular company code is your requirement. Yes

How can we restrict that at User Level please let me know  Is there any option to restrict at company code level. Please let me know.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you check any User Exist or BADIs. Meanwhile let you know if any

Former Member
leelamohan_kavali
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Yes it is possible through NUMKR feature,

Step 1

Step 2

Step 3

Then save now go to NUMKR feature maintain relevant reason for action under company code.

I think this is useful information if it is please close this ticket by clicking on correct answer.

Ur's

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

personnel areas should reflect for respective company codes in organizational assignment action but not in action screen.

it shouldnt be action reason

please let me kinow

former_member185000
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

Enterprise Structure consists in this order of priority;

Client, Company, Comapny Code, Personnel Area & Personnal Sub Area.

Client is the highet entity in Enterprise Structure.

Personnel sub Area --> Personnel Area --> Company Code--> Company.

When Org Reassignment action is being executed through PA40, respective infotypes will be triggered as per the infogroup assigned to action in T529A table.

So, when IT0001 is triggered (by 'COPY' operation),user needs to enter the required details (Company Code, PA & PSA) and saves the record with effective date. So, the employee will come under new company code, new PA & PSA.

New payroll area automatically gets defaulted based on the decision parameters (Company Code, PA & PSA) maintained in 'ABKRS' feature.

However, 'NUMKR' feature is for assigning number range for 'Recruitment' or 'Master Data'.

If you see in NUMKR feature, there are two decision parameters with 'A' & 'B'. A - Master Data for PA40 and 'B' - Recruitment for PB40.

Thanks

Madhav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhav,

Yes what you said was correct. We cannot defined that in NUMKR.

Is it possible based to see personnel areas based on company codes it shouldnt display all personnel areas in organizational screen for all company code