Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personnel Administration - Query

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sap Experts,

Need your valuable advice on this,  system is generating employee numbers internally that is automatically while hiring.. we dont run any payroll in our system..  we hired an employee some time back and now we would like to do the deletion of that employee from the system.

My Question is : If i delete it , will the same employee number gets assigned to any employees if we hire,  the number is gone is gone right?

Can anybody help me out on it ?

Thanks

Sriram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Sanky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sriram,

If you are going to delete any employee from the system through PU00 after that you have to reset the current number filed which is being used to NUMKR feature.

After delete that employee no you will assign that employee no as current number value in PA04. So next time when you will assign new employee then it will be assigned to that employee.

Now in your system current employee no is 650 so current number field value would be 650 in the PA04. Now if you will delete the Employee no 100 then system will allow. If you dont want to 100 to any boby else in next hiring then you will not reset the current number field in PA04. So when you will hire new employee then he will get the employee no 651 not 100.

Regards, Sankarsan

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sankarsan,

Thanks for the detailed explanation, would like to know the experts views on this as well.. now i am clear..

Thanks a lot for your assistance once again.

Regards

Sriram

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes the number you delete will be gone. You can go to tcode PA04 and there you can check the current number for the relevant interval(to find out the interval, check the return value of feature NUMKR in tcode PE03).

E.g. if the current number is 700, then the next employee hired will get the number 701.

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tania,

Once again thank you so much for your reply ,  currently the number is something around 650 ,  but what we need to delete is 100, so if we delete 100, this 100 will not be assinged again. right.

Number is gone is gone?

Thanks

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think you can get 100 number again, unless you change it to external and assign manually while hiring.

Numbers continue from 651, and so on...

former_member182377
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkatesh,

Thanks for your help. just got clarified

Regards

Sriram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes you will not get 100 again, unless you:

1) Manually change current number to 99 for the next hire

2)Then instantly after the employee is hired, again revert current number to 650.

This will be tricky to do if between steps 1 & 2, users try to hire a new employee. System will then try to assign 101 which will already be used so the user will get an error.