cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

personal area & personal subarea...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can any one explain about Personal Area, and Personal Sub area,

i thought If XYZ is organizational unit, Bangalore is Personal Area and Electronic City is Personal sub area.

Please clarify me, and confirm whether my example is correct or not...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This might be of help:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/PAPA/PAPA.pdf

Reward points if helpful,

Thank You,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

Further to your query:

Electronic City could be Personnel Sub area, but it is not necessary to maintain it as Geographical, it could be a subdivision of the Personnel area based on functional specifications as well.

Regards,

Dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vamsi,

<b>Personnel area</b>

The personnel area is an organizational unit; according to a personnel administrative, time management and payroll organizational point of view, a personnel area represents a delimited enterprise area. The personnel area is only used in Personnel Administration and is unique within a client.

Personnel areas are sub-divided into personnel subareas. Organizational data and guidelines as how to assign it, are stored on a personnel area and personnel subarea level. The rules and guidelines could be of a legal, pay scale and collective agreement, or internal nature. A personnel area is assigned to a company code which has the financial accounting values that are relevant for the personnel area. A pay scale area, a pay scale type and a public holiday calendar are precisely defined for a personnel subarea.

The personnel area in a software company can be subdivided into development, training and administration personnel subareas.

<b>Personnel subarea</b>

The personnel subarea is only used in Personnel Administration. The groupings linked to the personnel subarea determine which entries from the subsequent screen are allowed for an employee of a particular company code/personnel area.

Groupings are used for validation of master and time data. Groupings are also used to check the plausibility of data that you enter.

Regards,

Naveen.