cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Management (OSA) Status Flow and Portal Issues - EHP5

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SAP Gurus,

I am implementing Performance Management (OSA) using EHP5. I have participant like - Employee for self assessment, Manager for year-end assessment and General Manager.

I have set employee as appraisee, Manager as appraiser and General Manager as further participant. Also i have created substatus for in planning , in review & in process status.  I am not using custom defined substatus insteed of using standard part appraisal in process substatus in In-process status.

My flow is:

Employee set goals (status=in-planning, substatus=employee draft) and send to manager for reviewing goals (status=in-review, substatus, awaiting manager review). Then manager sends makes changes and complete review.

At year end, manager starts the assessment process by clicking on Begin year end assessment, It goes into status=in-process, substatus=self assessment. When employee submits his self assessment it goes to manager for assessment(status=in-process, substatus=awaiting manager assessment).

Manager fills the ratings and send it to general manager (further participant) for approval where GM makes changes in rating if required and approve it.

My Queries:

1. Is this process correct?

2. If it is correct then why appraisal documents are not coming into appraisal inbox of employee(ESS) & manager(MSS)?

3. Could you please tell me the correct iviews for ESS & MSS which supports EHP5 OSA?

4. What is the iview for further participant where he/she can access all the appraisal document for which he/she is fucther participant?

Thanks in advance.

Raj

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think when you activated the iviews, you are probably using the iview for pre-defined. Change it to Flexible and it should work.

Further Participants will see the document in ESS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venki for responding.

I have already activated ESS & MSS iviews for flexible Performance Management.

For ESS: com.sap.pct.erp.ess.14.documents_ee

For MSS: com.sap.pct.erp.mss.14.generic_performance_management

Still searching answers for queries:

My Queries:

1. Is this process correct?

2. If it is correct then why appraisal documents are not coming into appraisal inbox of employee(ESS) & manager(MSS)?

3. Could you please tell me the correct iviews for ESS & MSS which supports EHP5 OSA?

4. What is the iview for further participant where he/she can access all the appraisal document for which he/she is fucther participant?

Please suggest iview for further participant.

Thanks

Raj

Chris_Thomas
Participant
0 Kudos

Janguid - I think the process should work fine, but really that is up to you and your employer.  The way you described the process, it seems logical

2. by appraisal inbox, are you speaking of the Performance Review application which is comprised of tabs by process (overview, In Planning, etc ) ?   You did not mention workflow, so I'm assuming that you don't mean the  universal work list inbox.   If you have created documents for a appraiser (manager), then make sure that the criteria is set to capture the document. 

(run program powl_d01 to delete any cached queries that might cause you problems with the views too)

As Venki said, the further participant will need to use the Employee review version .

Chris 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

Thanks a lot for replying.

Appraisal inbox means Performance management link where employee in ESS & manager in MSS can open the appraisal documnet, Its different than workflow worklist. I am using iviews of flexible process.

I tried to create appraisal documment in backend using PHAP_CREATE_PA but its not coming in employee as well as in manager portal view of appraisal.

Still looking for the answers of the following queries:

1. If it is correct then why appraisal documents are not coming into appraisal inbox of employee(ESS) & manager(MSS)?

2. What is the iview for further participant where he/she can access all the appraisal document for which he/she is fucther participant? Could you please tell me the iview name for this?

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. If it is correct then why appraisal documents are not coming into appraisal inbox of employee(ESS) & manager(MSS)?

If the worksets / iviews are correct, then take a look at the security settings. p_hap_doc is the object that you need to consider.

2. What is the iview for further participant where he/she can access all the appraisal document for which he/she is fucther participant? Could you please tell me the iview name for this?

The appraisal documents where the employee is a further particpant can be viewed in the employee's iviews. This means the employee will see their own document, as well documents where they are a further participant.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Venki,

The security object "p_hap_doc" you mentioned is already assigned to my users.

One more thing, I am just checking appraisal docs are populating on portal or not for my appraisal process before configuring flexible process & tab in backend. Once appraisal docs are coming in portal i can continue with my appraisal process & will configure flexible process & tabs in backend. It may be the reason that i am not having the process & tabs configued in the system for flexible user interface.

Could you please look into it more deeply.

Thanks

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whether you configure the tab and process maps or not, appraisal docs will get displayed in the portal.

Log-in as manager in the backend. Execute phap_change_pa. Check if the appraisal document is displayed.

Do the same for employee too.

If the docs gets displayed in the backend for this t-code, the issue is with the portal -- portal roles, iviews, etc.

If the docs are not getting displayed, you need to check again on security -- if manager and employee roles are properly assigned.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, Need your help on this. I am working on Flexible User Interface of Performance Mgmt.

Thanks

Raj