cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)why the code is takig so much time for connecting to SAP B1.

2)Choose from list is taking time to open

3)overall performance is slow

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taruna,

building the connection takes some time because first of all the license server is contacted. This is true for the native B1 client as well...

Points 2) and 3) can hardly be answered without knowing the code.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

but generally addon connection does not take so much time as it is taking,,,,,,,

the choose from list is simple as any other,,,,

can huge database be a reason for this?

We are also facing slow performance of screen in some other project also..

I want to know,,how can i debug this on my side??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Taruna,

The first time connection of an add-on to the database takes time as it has to both connect to the license server and download the DI from the SBO-COMMON.

As for slow performance with the UI, there are some basic tips like event filtering and object diposal that may increase your performance; however some things are unavoidable, for example, how many entries are being populated into your CFL and how is this being done? Also a large database with a huge amount of data will inevitably result in slightly slower performance than a small freshly created database.

In general it is difficult to analyse performance issues without seeing the code. I would advise using some of the SDK tools available here on the SDN like the Business One Test Environment - This contains tools to see how long each .NET call takes and also a DB analyser to see how long your SQL transaction are taking.

If you can isolate the slow performance to a particular section of your code, post it up here so we can test and see if its a general issue or a more localised one.

Regards,

Niall

Answers (0)