Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance based Maint Plan and annual estimated KM

former_member601006
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating maintenance plan for Fleet. which should have the following maintenance cycle.

Minor Service at every 3 Month OR 10,000 KM

Medium Service at every 6 Month OR 20,000 KM

Major Service at every 30 Month OR 60,000 KM

Now this vehicle normally does around 25,000 KM per year. but my question is what should I specify in the annual estimate KM field of the measuring point of the equipment (Vehicle)?

I tried 40,000 KM as estimated annual KM (meaning 10000KM per 3 months) but occasionally when vehicle get 4-5 reading in a month adding into 1200-1400 KM. My MP call the KM based call first instead of time base.

I dont how MP predicts the dates, based on what?

What should be the correct estimated KM per year for my service cycles?

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi aqvarious,

I hope your problem can be solved by creating measurement document for the fleet with value '0' Km on daily basis even though there is no reading to record for the day. Always the system predicts the planned date based on annual estimate only which is not real(actual) data in your case as you are not creating measurement document for months together.

So if you create zero Km document every day the system understands the real consumption and it will schedule accordingly. Then there is no necessity to change the annual estimate on regular basis.

former_member601006
Participant
0 Kudos

Does SAP provide any functionality to create "0" value measurement document autometically? Or I will have to do custom development and setup a batch job to run daily?

custom program will find all KM based measuring point via IK08, and then IK22 to create 0 value.

It would have been nice if SAP had realised this that in practical no one can collect odometer on daily bases. and had provided some solution.

Regards

Edited by: aqvarious on Dec 14, 2011 2:56 AM

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This behaviour is quite normal.

Since this is an OR condition, whichever target is achieved earlier system will trigger a call object. So the estimation or the plan date for call is shifted accordingly.

When more readings are posted than average, system calculates 10000 KM will be achieved earlier than 3 M period. So it advances the plan date. Similar is the case when vehicle runs less than expected. 3 month will be achieved earlier in that case and so plan date should come after 3 months.

The opposite should occur in AND condition.

For more run it will consider time period of 3 months.

For less run it will consider 10000 KM run.

Means system will try to estimate a day when both the conditions will be fulfilled.

Thanks

Subrata Biswas

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you mentioned Minor Service will be done either once 3 months reached or 10000 KMs reached (whichever is earlier). You would have created Multiple counter plan with OR condition.

You can maintain 40000 KMs in annual estimate of the measuring point.

So it will be based on Measurement document for that measuring point or time (i.e., 3 months).

Regards,

former_member601006
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks

I am aware of basic. and i have the setting as you mentioned.

But I get problem with SAP prediction

1- whenever i get more reading data in a short period or

2- when i dont get any reading data for few months.

it all goes out of control and system starts to bring the plan dates sooner than expected based on KMs. where it should be based on time (e.g. 3 month) and to fix this i have to update the annual estimate to lower number (lower than 40,000KM) to push the KM based planned date further so that time based date comes first.

This is such a pain to do this on going bases.

Should i provide a specific example? or you got it what i am trying to say?

regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Case+1- whenever i get more reading data in a short period or

Case+2- when i dont get any reading data for few months.

The prediction works this way, when OR logic is used.

case1: If you get more readings-ie- assuming the vehicle is doing more KM than the annual estimate, then system triggers the maintenance object based on the KM done, which will fall before the time base.

Case2: when you dont get any reading for a few months, system will depend on time and will trigger the maint. object based on time.But for the system to understand this, you have to make regular measurement docs, with same reading, even if this has to be repeated. Otherwise, based on annual estimate, maint object will be triggered.

You must be aware that system calculates per day estimate from annual performance. Hence when no measuring doc is available for reference, system calculates the 10000KM, based on per day estimation, and brings forward the maint. object.

James Prabaharan

Edited by: James Prabaharan on Aug 16, 2011 1:17 PM