cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF document in Spool

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I have a PDF document in spool. I want to read this and archive it. I tried using CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF but in this case the spool already contains a PDF document and I am assuming this function only helps if its some kind of ABAP report or something (to convert to PDF). In this particular case PU19 is run for generating a PDF document. Can we still use this function? or is there any other function available?

thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, that program is to convert any ordinary form into PDF.

Standard SAP didn't provide any program to archive the PDF, but certainly u can read it.

Otherway, you can use the program to identify the employee ID. In turn call this FM in a program to pull the EE ID and then archive in a table or so with EE ID as the key.

If this helps, pl do reward.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narshimha,

Thanks for the reply. What is the way to read this PDF document. I think its enough if I can read this PDF document from spool into a text or binary foramt then I can use the ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_TABLE function to archive it. However I am not able to read this PDF document from spool. If use CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF and archive I am not seeing any PDF document in the archive. I am not sure if this function is really reading the PDF document.

thanks...

Former Member
0 Kudos

CONVERT_ABAPSPOOLJOB_2_PDF has a method to convert form data to PDF, (which I think should be having XML data). So check with your developer ( Java ) is there a way to decipher this data and pulled into a program to archive on EE # basis. (using ARCHIVOBJECT_CREATE_TABLE )

We are also exploring the same way. Also we are also trying to decipher the cluster data in PCL4 to fine EE #.

Thanks

Narasimha