cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PCA Report Painter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have copied one PCA preort painter from another live report, in this report I need in selection criteria from period to to period. while executing the report system is deriving current period and its populating in selection critieria. But current period is not required in selection critieria. in Report Form valiables period is given as from period to to period its showing correctly. unfortunately current period also popluating on selection criteria.

Kindly let me know how additionally current period is deriving in my Report.

Regards

VS Rao

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Greta
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Rao,

you could try to use the standard variables 1PERIV and 1PERIB for period. The 1PERIV has the default value 1 and

1PERIB has the default value 12.

If you wish to have another default value eg for 1PERIV, you can create your onw variable with GS11 as a copy of 1PERIV and enter another default value.

Regards,

Greta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Greta,

Thank you for the valuable inputs. I tried with variables 1PERIV and 1PERIB its populating on the selection criteria, from period to period. But still its deriving current period also on the selection criteria, current period is not required in my selection criteria,

Libriary 8A2- PCA Standard Reports. Table is:GLPCT. unfortunately in from menu bar Edit Genl data selection "Characteristics Period is not available"

Please advise a) How system is deriving current period even I have given from period to period with combination of characteristics and value fields.(in Rows)

b) and also I want display the report out put with proper titale e.g. if I execte the report for the periods 1-3 system should show output Report xxxx from Jan'2010 to March'2010. where can make this changes in the report.

Thank you

VS Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it depends on the variable used for "to period". In GS12 you can check how that variable is defined. The one used in the report you copied seems to be an internal variable (not changeable by user on execution) with a forumlat exit.

To be able to select your periods, choose another variable of a type that can be selected (you can look at other standard PCA reports that let you choose periods)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also check on which table you are taking this report. Make sure that you are not taking any totals record table.