cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll run for missed employees - Control record exit status

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a scenario here for payroll run. My user has run payrol for a particular and by mistake few employees were excluded in selection screen (Which was stored in variant).

And now payroll control record is in exit status. Around 40 employees are missed out from payrol now. So in this case what is teh best method to pay these employees? I feel deleting control record is not a good option. Please suggest.

Regards,

Shilpa

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shilpa,

Another option might be running an off cycle payroll if configured for your user. Or advance payments could be made to the employees affected. Then when the next regular payroll runs ensure retroactive accounting is done for these employees and the advance is recovered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree with Liam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

why you didnt delete control record? Recovering advance will incur taxes

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member182232
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Sometimes in some countries i have noticed that although you make an advance payment based on his simultaed payslip and try and recover it later employee ends up with lesser pay in subsequent month because employees two months payments is subjected to taxes and social insurance of only one month

Example could be week1/month1 tax code employees(Excepts to flat taxed tax codes)  in GB

Regards

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

Thanks a lot for all your response. Offcycle is a very good option to solve thsi scenario..

We decided to raise a payment through FI for these employees this month.

Regards,

Shilpa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi shilpa,

Though deletion of control record is not advisable,some times in very rare cases it is done.

i can suggest you the below things for you,

1.first have a record of retro and payroll periods and then delete the control record and again create the control record by giving the input details.set the payroll period save and release so that the same period is reflected again to run the payroll.Now go to pc00_m40_calc and run the payroll for the remaining employees.

2.reverse the postings for those employees who has run the payroll,then delete the payroll results for the same and

3.run the payroll for all the employees after creating the new control record.

Take suggestion from any experts before you try this.

jayantvenkata
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello

You can move backward the payroll control record (you will need to delete the payroll control record and create it again, please be careful!)

You will then need to rerun the payroll for the affected period  for these skipped employees .

Thanks and Kind Regards

Ramana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can delete the control record and run.. If the control record is set to EXIT and you want to run the payroll for the current month, how can we do that....

As far i know there is no other option to run for the skipped employees. Though posting is done you can post the document separately for these skipped employees.

Try and check...