Did you mean: 

Payroll Posting

faizghani1
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

After running payroll posting to account I'm getting following error

Account 4900000004 requires an assignment to a CO object

My question is why does only this account requires CO Object, please tell me how can i remove this error either by entering CO object or by removing necessity of CO obect.

Your help will be appreciated. Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Faiz:

This problem can be resolved by FI person only as per my understanding, since the error is clearly showing that CO object is not assigned to the mentioned GL, so the error is and your saying last month have posted, may be some split case occurs this month for the employee so the error occured, ask him to check properly in split cases also.

Hope you understood. All the best.

Regards,

TATA

faizghani1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thank sir, i just checked cost distribution info type of an employee which is created with a gap, can this create a problem in psoting ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes offcourse that will create you a problem, if the gap in IT0027 is der and IT0001 also maintained as master cost center then the gap will be filled based on Master cost center other wise you will get posting error as mentioned before.

Hope you understood what I mean.

Regards,

TATA

Edited by: Prashantkumar Tata on Aug 23, 2011 1:08 PM

faizghani1
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks Dear, We are not maintaining master cost centre in IT 0001 only using IT 0027, One more thing I would like to keep in your notice I'm getting error for only one account code where as employees wagetypes are being posted to several other accounts. If gap is creating the problem then it should do the same with other GL accounts.

Any other option for me ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have a wage type in IT0014, the payment date is mostly the last day of the period (like 31.03.2011 for 03.2011)

If you have a wage type in IT0015, the payment date is the day you have entered while you create the record.

So for these wage types you have an actual date and if there is no gap for these dates it will not cause any problem. But for some other payments it can cause problems.(Like basic pay, or wage type in it0015 with a date in the period of gap etc)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Diagnosis

You have not defined a CO account assignment for an account that is relevant to cost accounting.

System Response

Account 820290 is defined as a cost element.

This means that you must always specify a CO account assignment.

Procedure

Enter one of the following CO account assignments

Order

Cost center / cost center/ activity type

Sales order item (for a project or cost relevant)

Project / WBS element

Cost object (Process manufacturing)

Network/ Network activities

Business process

Profitability segment

Real estate object

The posting row affected is 000, account 820290.

First, if G/L account was created in FI, you can only create primary cost element in CO.

Secondary cost element can only be created if no account exists in FI.

Second, if you created the primary or secondary cost element in CO, you have to assign CO account assignment.

You can delete cost element in CO (KO04) if dependent objects found.

Third, when you create cost element in CO, documents would be also created in u2018Cost center accountingu2019 and u2018Profit center accountingu2019 when posing in FI. If no cost element exists in CO, no related documents would be created in CCA and PCA.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

GL mapping should be there for every wagetype via Symbollic account.

Probably you might not have mapped the GL for the wagetype( via Symbollic account)

sairam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Consult your FI Consultant to resolve this.

Salil

faizghani1
Participant
0 Kudos

I have consulted FI consultant as well, last month payroll posting went ok with this account code, only change is erroneous account code was not posted in XX cost centre

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the table V_T52EZ & V_T52EK, and do check whether cost center assignment is done or not?