cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll Posting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can we assign a salary clearing account to a wage type? This salary clearing account is under technical accounts.

Regards,

Swati

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

can you please where you have to do this assigment.BS/ expenses/Vendor

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a wagetype income tax. This is a deduction wage type and has to be posted under salary clearing account.

There are 2 ways to handle this

First Method

1) create a new vendor for income tax

2) Create a new symbolic account with type FK and assign the symbolic account to this vendor account

3) once the wage type is posted in vendor account its also summed up in salary clearing account.

Second Method:

Directly post the wage type to Salary clearing account

1) create a new symbolic account ( not sure what AA type should be used.))

2) Assign the symbolic account to the salary clearing account ( depending upon aa type will be under expenses, vendor, or balance sheet)

How to decide what should be the AA type in case of second method.

Former Member
0 Kudos

since salary crearing account is a technical account, if you assign the same in either balance sheet or expenses, you will get a error while posting.

My assumption is you have posted , but some account were not cleared. (may be the tax deducted(i guess this is the overriding tax) from employee is not getting posted ).so the debit is not equal to the credit.

and you have to post this tax so that posting balances are cleared.

if my assumptions is right, then assign this wage type to symbolic account P460.

Former Member
0 Kudos

THE SALARY CLEARING ACCOUNT IS GL ACCOUNT I PRESUME:-

WHY DONT YOU POST THE INCOME TAX TO BALANCE SHEET ITEM:-

The process would be as follows :-

1 ) Create a Symbolic account for Income Tax payable.... with Q as account assignment type.

2) Assign the wage type - income tax to this symbolic account

3) assign the symbolic account to Balance sheet " Assign Account to Balance Sheet" ....

Map the Symbolic account to the GL account...