cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payroll peroid issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

When am trying to run payroll for an employee for period 11.2011 its running from the employee hiring date wat cud b d prob here.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There must be a retroactive changes in payroll past for this employee, check Time & payroll infotype, where start date is employee's hire date.

For example , Emp's hire date is 01.01.2010 and start dt of IT0008 is 01.01.2010, and the changes has been made in infotype like IT0581, then system will calculate the retro effect since it's hire date.

In that case system will run all payroll period for this employee as it needs to check the calculation difference for the current period.

Thanks,

Nirali P.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member193210
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before each pay, you should run a report on IT0003 to find out which employees will go into retrocalculation (for Time and for Payroll), and as of which date.

If it is because someone changed the end date of an infotype instead of delimiting it, you may want to correct IT0003.

And if you got the "desired result" and all the answers to your initial question, please close this thread.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Manu,

Did you try running payroll and could u able to get desired result.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Thanks for help retro was the problem, i got desired result.

Thanks for help

Manu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you done configuration properly related payroll. If yes

Have you maintain required data info types to run payroll? If yes

Even maintained data, The selection of data for run the payroll given correct or not i.e payroll area, pay period and schema.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

check retroaction accounting date for that employee in 0003 infotype.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu,

What is hiring date of EE?

There may not be previous Payroll run record for the EE.( Are you running payroll for EE frst time)

Correction apprectiated.

Priya

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI priya,

EE hire date is 01.01.2012,yes running payroll for 1st time.

Manu

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Manu.

What I have experienced, If one do live/test payroll run frst time, system checks whether previous period has live/test payroll run record or not and hence if there no live/test run , system automatically triggers retro.

This may be the case with you too.

If you do not want retro to get triggered, you can make changes in Schema (country standard payroll schema)

In Initialize payroll- subschema, please maintain Fuction OPT and NRC in para1 and SAVE your schema.

Hope this helps you. I advice you just try this.

Correction appreciated.

Regards

Priya

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Or else, you do payroll run for 10.2011 period too and then run for 11.2011...

easiest way to get rid of your problem.But if you make changes in schema what i suggested can stop triggering retro for ever.

Correction appreciated.

Regards

Priya