cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment method, account determination with no house bank GL

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Expert:

I'm designing my client's bank determination, I have two solution :(1) in house bank, we don't maintain GL account, but in bank determination/bank account, we define GL in bank sub-account, (2), in house bank, we maintain GL

which solution is better? why?

I have payment method E, C, G,T for company code 0020, in ranking order, if I define "G USD 1 HSBC" and " C 1 CITI", does it mean when we do vendor payment in USD, payment method G, HSBC account will be deducted? if I leave currency blank, does every currency payment for C will go to citi?

since I didn't specify T in ranking order, which bank account will be deducted for vendor payment method T? what's the purpose of ranking order?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tiang,

To give specific clarification for the 3 areas that you need clarification which are as follows:

1. What happens if GL code is not give in the HB.

Response: Gautam has already explained.

2. What happens if the currency is left blank in the ranking order for HSBC for payment method 'G' and,

Response: yes, system will make payment for all currencies with this payment method.

3. What happens if u201CTu201D is not specified in the ranking order

Response: Payment run cannot be executed for this payment method. As per SAP, standard we need to setup the ranking

of all payment methods which will be used by the business.

Regards,

Kiron Kumar T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Per Standard Process you need to maintain 2 Accouts one in House Bank and another in FBZP, Bank determination. in House Bank you maintain the Main Bank Account and in FBZP ,Bank Determination you maintain Bank Sub Account. and regarding the Ranking Order Perpose , Please read the below Process.

Find below the process of Ranking Order in House Banks

For each payment method, you have to specify which house banks are permissible and then assign a ranking order to the list of permissible banks. For each payment method/house bank combination, you specify via which bank account the payment is to be made.

During the payment run, the payment program attempts to determine a house bank and a bank account for which the available amount is sufficient for the payment. The following results are possible:

No house bank is found that fulfills all the conditions, which means that the payment cannot be made with the method used to carry out the check. The system then checks the next available bank. If no bank is found, the payment method cannot be used.

The next payment method (if one exists) is checked. This is recorded in the payment run log.

One house bank only is determined. This house bank makes the payment.

The system lists several house banks. The house bank makes the payment with the highest priority (in accordance with the defined ranking order of the banks).

The payment run does not split the amounts. If the amount in a bank account is not sufficient for a payment, the payment program chooses a different bank account. If no other bank account is found from which it can post the total amount of a payment, the payment is not made.

Hope the above Helps you in understanding the Concept of Ranking order.

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for some company codes, we didn't maintain GL, we only maintain GL in bank subaccount, it works fine.

also I have same house bank HSBC for two company codes, do I need to create two bank key or one bank key?

can I create house bank HSBC, bank key 4110-1111 for company code 1000

house bank HSBC bank key 41111-2222 for company code 1100, can house bank code be same?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It can be done by Maintaining sub Account but Its always advisible to Maintain Main Account and Sub -Account which can be Very useful for BRS and you can only create 1 Bank Key for both company codes. No Need to Create separate Bank Keys.

Thanks

Goutam

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you misunderstood, my setting is as follows:

company code 1000, house bank HSBC, bank key 4110-1111 . in FI12, I define HSBC account 08823210059, GL account: empty.

in FBZP bank determination, I define : payment method: G USD ranking order: 1 house bank: HSBC. bank subaccount: 130000 (which is GL account not bank account).

so in my house bank, I no need to assign a GL account . is this design ok? you misunderstood bank account and GL account.

if I define GL account at house bank, then no need to maintain bank subaccount in bank determination right? I want to know pros and cons of these two design?

also I define payment method G,E, T for company code 1000, but in ranking order I have only one line: payment method: G USD ranking order: 1 house bank: HSBC, can i use manual payment for payment method E?

Former Member
0 Kudos

any idea?