cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Medium Workbench

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Can anyone tell me what is the difference between Payment Medium Workbench and Classic Payment Medium (RFFO*) Program in F110?

My question is -

If there is a requirement to customize Classic Payment Medium , why there is a separate Payment method - PMW ....are there any disadvantages in using this Method.........

Waiting for your reply. Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the Classic Payment Medium you cannot make changes as per business requirements in the payment medium file generated during F110. But in PMW it has the flexibility to define your own payment file format.

Advantages of PMW.

The ability to adapt formats delivered to be customer or bank-specific easily and without modification, including separate selection parameters on the payment medium program.

Simple tools for creating new formats (programming knowledge is not a requirement for using the DME Engine).

Customizing for the layout of the note to payee

Standard creation of payment advice notes with the new program RFFOAVIS_FPAYM.

Improved performance, especially when you have large payment runs

Regards

SM

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

former_member222362
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Shanid and sowmys,

I have requiremnt to set up the payment advice to generate to the vendors .

in existing company code the set has been done as

Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) selection

since i need ot setup the payemnt advice need to generate to vendors , i am unable to configure the same .

please let me know this Payment Medium Workbench (PMW) as the setup already done , to i need to change this into Classic Payment Medium Programs  to generate the payemnt advice to vendors ?

Please let me know what are teh setup need to be done to generate the payment advice to vendors

and for other company code in the same client using the

Classic Payment Medium Programs ,  to generate the payemnt advice

do i need to changes as other company code usingthe classin option or i can able to generate the payemnt advice in existing PMW? please let me know .

aprreciate your help ....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Thank you for the inputs....I got to know the advantages and purpose of PMW....but my question is -

Currently, we have customized the classic payment medium and for all customized classic payment method is being used and my doubt is -

bold Instead of customizing RFFO*, why should not we use PMW (Payment medium workbenc). Are theere any disadvantages in using PMW!!

Thanks in advance for your replies.

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no disadvantage by using PMW.

I repeat it is a tool for which we can create the file format as per our requirements.

You will create the file format in t.code DMEE.

You can create different format files for each payment method with a variant defined.

The user can decide on the layout of the note to payee, and select differing notes to payee according to origin (vendors, customers, personnel, travel expenses, Treasury, online payments.

There is no technical knowledge required to use this tool.

Please refer below documentation for more.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_dimp50/helpdata/en/f9/1962396d5e8573e10000000a114084/content.htm

Regards

SM

Edited by: shanumonu on Jan 2, 2012 8:00 AM

former_member318765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

About PMW.

"The payment medium workbench was created to replace the classic payment medium programs. The main benefits of using the PMW are as follows;

- It separates format specific parts from the more complex general part

- You can easily create new formats with customising and mapping functions or mapping with the DME engine"

Also please read the IMG documentation and review the below note which has basic information how to use it, which customizing set up is necessary etc.

524520 PMW - Information on Payment Medium Workbench

Hope this helps

Best Regards

Soumya

former_member191564
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear expert

Refer below link

Regards

Ajeesh.s

Former Member