Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

payment medium program with DME format

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I am working for south african client.

The standard DME format available for south africa is ACB_ZA ( acb format).

The payment program used is RFFOZA_A and assigned to payment method "A- ACB clearing".

But the format given by bank is different.

So, here i have two options:

1. Change the DME format through DMEE and other configuration and assign the DME format in Payment medium work bench in payment method country step.

2. Copy the payment program RFFOZA_A to ZRFFZA_A, assign the new DME format to generate DME file in new format.

is new DME foramt for example ZACB_ZA in payment program ZRFFZA_A?

regs,

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh,

Your description is little confusing and unclear.

Please clarify what do you mean by the following :

"is new DME foramt for example ZACB_ZA in payment program ZRFFZA_A?"

Yes, i can understand that you would like to change the existing format of South Africa in DMEE.

I can think of the following meanings :

1. Assignment of DME format in FBZP "Payment method/Country". Here you use the option 'PMW' and enter the format that you want.

2. You may also execute the program SAPFPAYM from SE38 and give the payment run details to get the result in the format specified here.

Hope the above helps. Please let me know if my understanding is not correct.

Thanks and regards,

Suresh Jayanthi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

I don't want to use PMW, through payment program RFF* only i want to use.

in this case what are all the changes to be done in RFF* program.

regs,

ramesh

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are the best person to know what changes to be made, as you have template file from bank.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi!

that is correct, but I though to get in the new DME format, I have to assign new DME format in the payment program to get the same out put.

from your reply, it seems the output format has to be managed in RFF* program itseld, it will not check any DME format to generate the file...

is my assumption correct.

regs,

ramesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

??

former_member318765
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Let me explain, there are 2 options available to create DME files

1) via classic payment medium programs like RFF0*. In your case for south africa it is format ACB generated via program RFFOZA_A.

Refer note 101440

2) via PMW i.e. either DMEE tree or function modules. For south africa its DMEE tree ACB_ZA

You can decide which one you would want to use via the config in FBZP under "payment methods in country"

In your case since you want to use classic program and the one delivered by SAP does not meet your requirement, you should create your own program say ZRFFOZA_A based on the standard with changes you require and assign that program in FBZP config mentioned above.

However I suggest you to use PMW which is easier to change as compared to modifying RFFOZA_A.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Soumya

former_member182098
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry. I am really confused now.

Use DME Structure, if it is readily available for your country.

If not, use RFF* program.

The following link would be helpful to you.