cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment is canceled, but journal entry not reconciled

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a payment as below, and you can see that it is cancelled.

[click here|http://www.flickr.com/photos/45736280@N07/4606067636/sizes/o/]

But when I run Statement or Aging Report or in the Account Balance window, I see that it is not reconciled. Why? Refer to below

[click here|http://www.flickr.com/photos/45736280@N07/4605453543/sizes/o/]

Version is SAP Business One 2005B PL40

Please help!

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

To reconcile an invoice u need a corresponding payment for it now when we have canceled the payment there would not be any document in the reconciliation windows related to payment for the invoice to reconcile with

What i can suggest is create the date base in test and cancal a payment u would not be able to reconcile then make a payment for it then u would be able to reconcile

Regards

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eh... Manish.... my question was my payment was canceled, BUT this same payment still appeared as "un-reconciled" in my Statement or Aging, which is wrong.

Please check the screenshot and please help!

Chinho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version you are using because if you are making payment and you are canceling it so automatically the transaction disappear from BP reconciliation but in External reconciliation it shows. So you have to reconcile manually.

Thanks,

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sachin.

Thank you for your reply. The problem is, it still shows in the Internal Reconciliation. Is it a bug???

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Then yes, bit of possibilities just check your PL version.

Thanks

Sachin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have found the problem and solution.

The fact the payment reversal was not reconciled because that same payment has been earlier reconciled manually by user with other invoices.

Therefore, to solve our issue, I go to Banking > Banking and External Reconciliation > Manage previous reconciliation to undo that payment's manual reconciliation.

Then go to reconcile the reversal payment with that payment and post. Problem solved.

Hope it helps!

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi chin

please check there is there a corresponding reversal for amount that has been cancalled or not

and u are not able to reconcile because by canceling the document the reverse entry is passed and when the reverse entry is passed u would not see any reciprecate entry or the invoice i mean the corresponding payment entry as the one has been canceled

so what i would suggest you plz add the payment again and then u would be able to reconcile

Regards,

manish

Edited by: manish.malik on May 14, 2010 2:31 PM

Edited by: manish.malik on May 14, 2010 2:33 PM

Edited by: manish.malik on May 14, 2010 2:36 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish,

Thank you for your advice. What do you mean? Maybe you can give me seom examples. Is this a bug?

Warmest Regards,

Chinho

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

How have u canceled the invoice i belive u have passed the Credit memo for it . iF NOT THEN U NEED TO PASS IT

Regards

MANISH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manish, what do you mean? I have canceled the payment, not invoice.