cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Date in Check Information

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear SAP Gurus,

We have a requirement wherein the PAYMENT DATE(please see screenshots below) found in check information(FCH1) should be the VALUE DATE indicated during outgoing payment processing(F-58). Hence, is there any SAP configurations to get the required result?

Sincerely yours,

Joey

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

If you want to default the value date as posting date, then define substitution in GGB1 for it.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar Ali Ahamed N,

Thank you for your comment. Yeah, am guessing it can be done through a substitution. But it will be highly appreciated if you can give further details on how it will be done through GGB1(a link, manual, or screenshots would be nice ).

Thanks,

Joey A.

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the attachment.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar Ali Ahamed N,

No attachment.

Thanks,

Joey

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please find the file.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar Ali Ahamed N,

Still no file attached.

Thanks,

Joey

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

I can see the file in the last my replies. Please check below the screen shot of the attachment.

Regards,

Mukthar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Mukthar Ali Ahamed N. Great help!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

System updates payment date from posting date of payment document. If you want value date and payment date to be same, you can maintain the same date while creating the payment document.

You can also put the validation or substitution for the same.

Thanks and regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag Pandya,

Thank you for your reply.

True that payment date is from the posting date of the payment document. But we have transactions like issuing outgoing Post Date Checks(PDC) that requires the payment document to be posted on a CURRENT DATE and the check date on a LATER DATE.

To clarify on what you mentioned above, is there a field in F-58 wherein you can indicate the payment date?Based on our current set-up so far we did not find any. Does this need to be configured to make the field appear? If yes, appreciate if you can state the TCode.

For the Validation, are you referring to Value Date in FBZP ? For the Substitution, is it through GGB1?

Much appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,

Joey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

Try FCH6 OR click edit icon while executing FCH1, system will allow to change the payment date.

You can manually put the desired date. Let me know for any concern and if i misunderstood your requirement.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anurag Pandya,

Yes, it can be manually done through FCH6, but we're talking here at least 50 outgoing post dated checks being issued everyday. it will be a burden for the users if they manually change the payment date on every issued checks.

Appreciate if you can give other options.

Thanks,

Joey A.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joey,

As mentioned earlier, if you want posting date same as value date then go for substitution.

This will default the posting date as value date and i assume this will resolve your issues.

Thanks and Regards,

Anurag