cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment after Termination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

A termination action is executed on South Africa employee on 01st June, 2016.

Now when I execute his June,2016 payroll then on the deduction side of payslip, wage type /552 Prev. Pers. Adj -NT is displayed with negative amount 3404-.

The termination action was performed on 01st June, 2016 hence person is withdrawn from 31st May,2016; then why his payroll is processed and why /552 is shown in his June payslip.

Appreciate your thoughts on these

With Regards

KP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

0 Kudos

Hello KP,

Is there a difference between the value of /560 paid in the original run of May 2016 and the new retroactive run?

/552 is basically, the difference between the old /560 and the new recalculated /560.  Please check if there was a retroactive master data change which led to a change in the Net Pay.

As for your query:

I want to know A) why basic not paid for that one day of Juune

Please note that since the employee was effectively terminated on 1st June, his last working day is 31st May.  Thus, there is NO working day for him in June and thus, no payment is shown in the payroll.

Best Regards,

Aman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Aman,

Thanks very much for your reply.

You are right.

One correction: the termination action ran on 01st April,2016. After that two payrolls have run for him that is for April and May (as per PC_PAYRESULT in production)

Later on, in the month of June, IT0015 is created for him for one Additional Payment (Wtype 4015) for amount 133524.12 for Month of March (back dated).

Now when I run payroll sim only for March,then /560 =174224.64 and when I run payroll sim in June, then for March /560=40700.52. Hence /552 is exactly  the same as you suggested i.e difference between /560.

So basically this /552 which is showing in June is exactly the same as wage type 4015 amount maintained in IT0015.

Now what customer is asking is in March Tax deduction is reflected fine(this is his exist month). But in simulation /552 shows full amount of IT0015. So customer is asking if they do tax adjustment in June will it not duplicate the tax?

With Regards

KP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the start date of the Termination action 31st May? Which means that the employee's last working day is 30th May?

If yes, then the system will calculate the negative arrears in June due to the one day extra salary paid in May.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tanya,

Termination action executed on 01st June.

When I checked June Payslip there is nothing against basic salary. But on deduction side he is paid 3404-.

I want to know A) why basic not paid for that one day of Juune B) since /552 is show in payslip, is this amount is paid to employee. How to find breakup of /552?

Thanks

kP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you attach a screenshot of:

1) IT 0 termination action

2) WPBP from payroll results of original May(in period May, for period May) and new May(in period June, for period May).