Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Payment Advice does not exist- Lockbox Postprocessing

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

SAP Guru's-

I am unable to double click on the item to view the detail of postprocessing. I thought that by checking the box in config under control parameters it fixed this problem. I am in the test environment and I am unable to view the document under FLB1.

Please help.

Points guaranteed

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi CMM,

As rightly said by Morgan. You can't see the payment advice for the checks that are 'Applied'.

Tha system creates payment advice as soon as you run from FLB2. But, you can only see the Payment Advice for On Account, Unprocessed, Partially Processed ones..

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

K N Reddy-

You contradicted yourself. Morgan and Murali stated I would not be able to view the payment advice in FLB1 on Applied and Partially Applied. Your last phrase says:But, you can only see the Payment Advice for On Account, Unprocessed, Partially Processed ones.

Who is right?

Thanks!

POINTS PROMISED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is no need to specify anything in control parameters to display the items to be processed using transaction code FLB1. All the unprocessed items should be processed using transaction code FLB1 if a payment advice is created when the Lockbox file is processed.

In transaction code FLB1, enter the parameters of Lockbox origin, destination, date and click on overview. This should display the items to be processed.

Thanks

Murali.

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

The problem is Murali is that I created a test file, uploaded it via FLB2 and when I go to double click on the line item, it gives me the Payment Advice does not exist error. Initially, I thought it was because the partially applied tab wasn't selected in the control parameter in the config.

What is the problem then? Why can't I select the line item and view the activity and modify if needed, etc.?

THanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is definitely not related to check box - partially apply.

I think there is some problem in the test file. Are you executing in foreground / background. Once the Lockbox file is executed, are you able to see on the screen if executed in foreground. If executed in background you can check the log.

Also check whether the origin and destination are entered exactly like in configuration in Test file. I suggest just take one line item in the test file and check whther that is getting processed.

Let me know if you are still having an issue in processing the Lockbox file.

Thanks

Murali.

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Murali-

I didn't know there was a difference in uploading. Typically, I save the file to my desktop and then upload via FLB2. I assume that is the foreground?

How is foreground/background processed.

The dest/origin is correct and mirror the Config.

I still don't see payment advices when I select the item in FLB1.

Points guaranteed.

Your help is appreciated!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are loading the file from Desktop - it is being executed in foreground. When you are doing from Desktop - ensure that checkbox "PC upload" is selected in the selection screen. Also check whether you are using BAI or BAI2 and accordingly change the input record format.

Thanks

Murali.

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Murali-

I am using BAI2 file format.

Just to clarify my issue, I am unable to view and/or modify the payment advice when I double-click on the line item within the batch in FLB1. I should be able to view items in 4 records but instead I get an error message that payment advice dooesn't exist.

Still troubled.

Thanks!

Point promised

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will not be able to view the payment advice if the payment was applied or partially applied. Only if the payment is 'on account' or 'Unprocessed' you will be able to double click & view the payment advice.

Assign points if useful...

Thanks

former_member857785
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I recall being able to view advice in FLB1 when the payment was unprocessed, cash on account and partially applied. Is this correct?

I need a hard confirmation.

Murali implies that I should be able to view the detail (remittance) what was keyed in the bank.

Points guaranteed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You will be able to view only if the advice was 'unprocessed' or 'on account'. Otherwise ('partially applied' & 'applied') you will get a red coloured message at the bottom of the screen basically telling you that the advice was posted & deleted automatically & thats why you wont be able to view it.

Lemme know if you need to more...

Thanks