cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pass on lot size" function not supported in costing runs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi when i am doing cost estimate through ck40n i am getting following error.

Pass on lot size" function not supported in costing runs

Message no. CK463

Diagnosis

You have selected costing variant PPC1 for the costing run. The Pass on lot size indicator is set in this costing variant. Costing variants in which this indicator is set cannot be used by the costing run.

System Response

The costing run is not created.

Procedure

You have the following options:

Reset the Pass on lot size indicator in costing variant PPC1 so that the lot size is not passed on.

Use a different costing variant in which the Pass on lot size indicator is not set.

if any one had found any same king of error please help me in fix it.

thanks

kareem

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

waman_shirwaicar
Active Contributor

Hi,

Please check in your costing variant okkn->qty structure tab do you have pass on lot size assigned. This works for CK11N.

As note 390316 explains, it is not possible to pass on the lot size in ck40n. Please read this note carefully.

The costing lot size is per material, in ck11n which is running for individual material you may input the costing lot size.

But ck40n is for collective costing run, there is no need and not possible to enter the costing lot size per material.

The costing lot size used is in the material master. This is system design.

I am sorry but the only way to overcome the error message is to execute the steps informed in the long text of the message CK463.

regards

Waman

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Waman,

thanks for your answer,

yes i have selected pass on lot size i have selected it as always.

if i am i am not selected this options then system not exploding the material according to BOM Quantity it which is available for FG base quantity each of FG,

it is not exploding the some of the raw material under FG & SFG it is showing 0 quanity and 0 value in cost estimate.

but when i am selecting this options system is exploding currently as as per BOM values.

please tell me how to proceed in this case.

thanks

kareem

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't understand the link b/n Pass on lot size and BOM. Why the system is not picking up the BOM when you do not select the option "Pass on lot size" as NO.

In my case, we do not use this option and working fine.

Actually, how the system work at CK11N is based on the Lot size you have defined in Material master - Costing 1 view. This is for a single material

For CK40N, this doesn;t work as we are estimating cost for a group of FG's.

And the BOM is obvious point to estimate for a FG.

Check out the Material master and BOM

Check the option: BOM - CS03 - Tab "Status / Long tex -> Costing Relevancy option ticked or not

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi nkonnipati ,

i also surprised by the standard system behavior of the system why it is behaving like that.

i have once again based on your input parameters in BOM for the material which doesnt have value in cost estimate.

but all the values are correct.

but when i pass lot size always and given 20000 in costing lot size the values are correctly picking as per quanities available in the BOM.

i have checked all the other solutions like cost component structure linked to gl and material prices are available in the material

master.

thanks

kareem

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Probably this might be the cause

Sales order by Costing

Check out the below

Pass On Lot Size

Definition

If this indicator is selected, the system determines the costing lot size using the lot size of the highest material in the BOM and the input quantities of the components.

Use

1) Do not pass on lot size

If this indicator is not selected, the materials further down in the structure are costed in accordance with the lot size in the costing view of the material master record. When the materials in the next-highest costing level are costed, the costing results of the semifinished materials are converted to the lot size of the finished material to calculate the material costs for the finished product.

2) Pass on lot size only with individual requirement

In the MRP view of the material master record, you can specify that a material is planned as an individual requirement. If such a material is added to another material, costing uses the lot size of the highest material.

3) Always pass on lot size

Here, the costs for all the materials in a multi-level BOM are calculated using the costing lot size of the highest material. This function is used principally in sales order costing.

If you are costing sales orders using product costing for a material with a multilevel BOM that is produced in-house, choose 2) or 3) . For those individual requirements materials, from a business management point of view it is recommended that the order lot size be used when costing the material components going into the finished product. On the other hand, materials subject to collective requirements are generally costed using the costing lot size in the material master record.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

thanks for ur valuable inputs

what you had said excatly correct but i am not using any sales order costing, i am using only MTS scenario.

thanks

kareem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

i have found solutiions,

i have maintained default costing lot size on SFG so the system is exploding the currect values.

now my problem is fixed.

thanks

kareem