Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial transfer of scrap amount in ABUMN

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

We are facing error in partial transfer of scrap amount in ABUMN. Error message is Line item causes scrap value of 0,00 to be violated. We have one asset with depreciation  key having cut off value key with 5 %. So now the asset depreciated till the cut off value. Now we have created a new asset with same depreciation key. The new asset has zero value. Now we have tried to transfer partial amount of scrap value to the new asset and failed due to above error message. We are able to transfer with full amount but for partial amount we are getting error.

The memo value is zero maintained in OAYI, tried by deactivating memo value in OAAW. But still facing the same error message. I have searched the forum and possible SAP notes but nothing worked. Please help on the same.

Thanks in Advance

Rajesh

View Entire Topic
former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Go to AS02, double click on dep.areas tab and select the below highlighted check box. Then system will allow posting without any error.

Regards,

Mukthar

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Thanks for your answer it worked for me, But I have small issue. When we transfer the partial amount (2261.48), in the sender asset the scrap value (6784.44) not reduced as a result the net book value of the asset not reduced. But in receiver asset everything is fine. Attached screenshot. Please help.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Have you maintained scrap value in the asset master or cut off key in dep.key for the sender asset?

Regards,

Mukthar

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

Yes it is maintained. Attached screenshot.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

If you do partial transfer, the system wont change the scrap value in the sender asset. It stands until you do complete transfer.

Regards,

Mukthar

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

I have posted remaining scarp amount also. But still the amount not changed. Attached screenshot.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Do complete retirement.

Regards,

Mukthar

rajesh_c7
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Mukthar,

When I am doing complete retirement in ABAVN, against it is hitting accounts for scrap amount. Attached screenshot. In or case we don't want to retire asset but want to transfer partial amounts to different assets. But in sending asset the value is remaining same which is wrong as it will show higher net book value for assets.

Regards,

Rajesh

former_member198650
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesh,

Why have done partial transfer? As per screen shot, you have transferred to receiving asset more than its NBV. Due to this it was not allowed. After you activate the check box, it allowed to post. But your APC value case as negative. Here you are supposed to do full transfer.

Regards,

Mukthar